Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

diet cheat days

D

damoonz63

May 17, 2012
i know there are numerous variables here, but how often does everyone here cheat their diet? 1x week, 1x every 10 days,, every month, never? i try to get one every week, but at 12600 k/cals a week that is beginning to seem too often for me phenotipically, i can't seem to get rid of the last 20 lbs of fat even though i'm doing cardio like crazy--jogging 40-50 miles a week. i was just wondering how everyone else handles that aspect of dieting. phychologically i need pizza and ice cream every so often and i figure if i can keep it to one day and keep my cals under 12600 a week then i'm good. but i'm beginning to think thats not the case.

moocow0463

moocow0463

Jan 11, 2012
I don't care when I cheat I just try to keep it to once or twice a month. And I try not to cheat on my low carb days

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
prolly once a week and its an all day affair of eating what i want :D ya gotta enjoy life too

V

Vadarmuscle

Dec 29, 2011
Once a week usually pancakes or pizza.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I've been on T3 and clen doing 20 minutes of post workout cardio and I can cheat every 3rd day now, lol... But it's a big ass cheat right before bed, but still a good 2k calories for sure.

Normally, it would be once a week and an all day affair. Gotta love that shit, as Yamaha mentioned, you gotta enjoy life. To me, having a piece of cake once a week is not living at all, especially since I don't compete...

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
i am pretty much online with rich on this one in the off season. not a big difference with what he does. i do like to put my cheat around back or leg days if possible. but unlike rich i do compete so i run a very strict no cheating diet for 18-20wks at a time so i go ape shit for a minute after i do a show lol

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
I don't believe in cheat days, I believe in depletion and repletion days. I have a whole bulking winter to eat what I want. When diet rolls around its simple : Low cal, low carbn high protein, moderate fat. Then repletion day (well 36 hours usually) will be low cal (but slightly higher), high carb, moderate protein, low fat. Usually once a week, until I get to 3-4 weeks out. When cals get really low you need to replete more often to keep leptin levels up.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I dont cheat either...on the depletion/load plan like Big Cat....love it :)

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
Big Cat, I would be curious if you did consistent body fat testing while cutting to see your results and what percentage is coming from LBM.

I keep a similar diet with the exception of making my refeed day a full out cheat. Results have been good with a worse case of 10% coming from LBM when cutting naturally and less to zilch when unnatural. Ive definitely wondered though if I cut down the cheats to a more strict carb over feed whether it would make a difference. Most often my bf tests are via bodpod but have recently also been testing via dexa scan.

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
The overindulgence isn't likely to affect the percentage of LBM lost/retained, it just increases time after that day until you start losing fat again. If you've factored that in, or you aren't on a strict time frame, it shouldn't be a problem. It's just a matter of efficiency.

S

sprawl33

Aug 15, 2013
moderation is always key but i need a cheat day, its the best part of the week

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I cheat a lot. I seem to do pretty well though. A solid cheeseburger or chicken tacos don't seem like cheat meals to me for whatever reason.
When I'm at the house, I'm eating very plain, diet type of food so it seems to even out. I'm sure I could get more cut, cutting out the
other foods but I don't mind them. If I was trying to compete then it would be a different story.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic