Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Diet and workout plan please help!

E

eastlime7

Jun 12, 2011
I work full time and go to school at night so going to the gym more than 3 days a wk is hard for me. I'm really into weight lifting with my bf who is on this site also.

I'm 5 '2 137 pounds 24 yrs old. I want to loose 10 pounds but look really lean. I have thick thighs and larger hips so looking small is not easy for me. Last time I checked my body fat % was 32%

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I've always had luck getting rid of fat by cutting out the starchy carbs. Maybe just a half cup of oats in the AM and thats it. Tons of veggies for "fibrous" carbs.

E

eastlime7

Jun 12, 2011
I know this is probly not helping but I eat oatmeal for breakfast but than at work i'm starving 2 hrs later so I have 90 calorie bars or 100 calorie snacks. If I eat crackers I stick to whole wheat. I have two of these b4 lunch than have protein and veggies.

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
You can accomplish 10lbs anf a lean look all with diet, throw in cardio and some imtense workojts, ur good. My lady hits the gym 3 days and cardio the rest. She looks amazin!

E

eastlime7

Jun 12, 2011
When I go to the gym the 3 days a wk, am I doing weight with cardio? Or am I doing the cardio workouts seperately on my other days. Like I said I'm pressed for time is power walking still okay if I switch it up, or is power walking not effective enough cardio?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Eating again 2 hours after breakfast is fine. You should be having a small snack between each meal to keep the metabolism fired up. Start picturing food as gasoline for fire. You want high octane fuel. Lean meats, low glycemic index carbs, good mono unsaturated fats. Here is a sample menu:
Breakfast
Egg whites
Oatmeal w/ natty peanut butter (my fav :)
Snack 1
1 Scoop Whey
or
1/4 Cup almonds
Lunch
4 oz Chicken breast (skinless duh!)
1 TB avacado
Huge salad - oil and vin dressing
Snack 2
1 Scoop Whey
or
1/4 cup almonds
Dinner
4oz Fish
Tons of Asparagus drizzled with olive oil

Eat like that, do your cardio and/or weights and you'll look great. Just be patient - fat loss is slow going

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
Ud do high intensity interval training for cardio on off days. 5mun run, 1 mun jog, etc. and for workouts stick to circuit training, plios, and anything involving multiple muscle groups. Itll burn more calories. Id do speed wa lk in as a last result...after alk it is still waljing...lol. No pain no gain

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
When I go to the gym the 3 days a wk, am I doing weight with cardio? Or am I doing the cardio workouts seperately on my other days. Like I said I'm pressed for time is power walking still okay if I switch it up, or is power walking not effective enough cardio?

There are two schools of thought on cardio... The old school folks especially will generally stick with low and slow cardio for fat loss. Walking at 3 or 4 mph with a heart beat around 114 to 130 is good for burning fat and keeping muscle. Otherwise you can look into HIIT cardio where you sprint full out for one minute which takes serious conditioning. Then rest until heart comes back to normal - then repeat 9 more times.

E

eastlime7

Jun 12, 2011
I'm gonna start this wk and will post questions and progress. Thx for the tips!!

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
Id go with hiit...like i mentioned. ;-)

E

eastlime7

Jun 12, 2011
Quick questions. The whey protein can should I only mix with water. Adding bananas or fruit good idea? or no

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
Ur welcome. Good luck, remember nothing great comes without hard work...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic