Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Diabetic

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Ok this isn't for me but it is for someone I know. They didn't ask but I wanted to so I could try to help them. The question is if you we're not born diabetic and didn't become one till you were 26 or so and u became a type 2. If you lost the weight and ate healthy would you then not be a diabetic or how does that work?

F

fings007

Jan 2, 2012
you'd still be a diabetic but the disease would be dormant for as long as you keep the weight off and eat healthy foods.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
you'd still be a diabetic but the disease would be dormant for as long as you keep the weight off and eat healthy foods.

This is true to a certain point. There are some cases of Type 2 diabetes in people without weight problems....most of them have used too much hgh.

Also, depending on how out of control the diabetes was/is and how long it was out of control play a part as well. Eventually, if left out of control the diabetics pancreas will stop being able to produce insulin.

If caught early enough, and the person loses the weight, continues to exercise, and eats right they would not have to take any medication.

Too bad SHINE can't be here to answer this question. He was the best at these types of questions. :(

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
It can become dormant. My wife used to work for a bariatric (weight loss) surgeon and people that had gastric bypass who had been diabetic were completely off all meds for it. This is not in every case but since the diabetes is brought on by weight, the loss of said excess weight can reduce or eliminate the dependency for medication to treat it.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I'd like to step in here... I was diagnosed type 2 in my early 40's, I was taken off my Actos and metphormin Aug 2010... I will eventually have to go back on meds, but as long as I weight train and eat right I get to stay off...

Greg

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Too bad SHINE can't be here to answer this question. He was the best at these types of questions. :(

This is what I was thinking. I miss him! Damnit!!! This is one that I normally would have just pm him on! :(

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic