Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

devastating acl and meniscus tear

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
thanks luvthetest! very inspirational hearing your opinion!the age issue sucks! 20 years ago ida bounced back off the floor instead of laying there!i will keep pushing, i realize when to stop, as in touch and go deads, ive always been a dead off the floor guy, but got an idea from seeing videos and my deads started climbing through the roof! 10lbs a week i was adding! come to find out, my left hamstring didnt feel the same way( the one they grafted from)started cramping like a bastard! so, back to standard deads.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
thanks luvthetest! very inspirational hearing your opinion!the age issue sucks! 20 years ago ida bounced back off the floor instead of laying there!i will keep pushing, i realize when to stop, as in touch and go deads, ive always been a dead off the floor guy, but got an idea from seeing videos and my deads started climbing through the roof! 10lbs a week i was adding! come to find out, my left hamstring didnt feel the same way( the one they grafted from)started cramping like a bastard! so, back to standard deads.

I know you eat, so I would doubt that the cramping is a nutritional thing. But look into potassium and taurine supps maybe?

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
thanks pillarofbalance! couldnt hurt, and im always open for suggestions bro1

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i am a huge believer in joint supps. i have taken two different kinds orally for 4 years now and given myself injections for over a year now. the doc was amazed at how good my cartiledge looked given the amount of damage i had as well as the fact that the pain i should have been in should have been much worse.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I mailed a bottle of the super cissus RX to OldSchool a month or so ago... That shit is like MAGIC!!! I use that and Met-Rx Joint Health together.

ATW you have a genetic predisposition to some joint thing right?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i suppose maybe it is a bit genetic. both parents have it but then both parents worked hard as youngsters. my mom was raised on sheep ranches and logging outfits and my dad was raised on a polo pony farm and his dad was a blacksmith. us girls were put to work very young. so i think it is just environmental pressures if you will as much as genetic issues.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
I had the same injury on 2-May10, only I tore the mcl as well. I had my graft surgery on 17-Sep-10....Same as you from the hammy.

Its been a long raod back and still not even close to being where I once was. I've had some complications along the way, mostly in regards to lack of tension on the graft and the corresponding rotation of the joint (yeah not good) , but it does seem a little more stable finally so I am able to train it. We will see if it improves as the muscle returns.

I expect my days of heavy squatting maybe over. Definitely will never be able to be one of those ass to ankles guys...lol

Hammy curls feel like fire....I suppose from all the scare tissue. However stiff legged deads aren't so bad I find.

Let me know if you have any specific questions... We are dfinitely in the same boat.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic