Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Desperate for bodybuilding results

M

Motions718

May 4, 2013
I'm truly interested in bodybuilding and I love how the sculpted body looks. I'm the kind of woman who wants to look good and be healthy. Bodybuilding has definitely interested me. Can anyone give me advice on how to get started? What supplements should I take to build muscles? How do I lose the extra fat? What workout plans are available to get muscular? I would like to get started right away :).

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
Motions , there are many many many workout plans available to taylor fit to your goals and needs,
Proper diet and Cardio will be the key to losing the extra fat , A higher rep lighter weight range will also be very benifical to your toning the muscle look as you are desiring as well ,.
A good Protien Shake will help out considerably with getting your protien intake where it should be . Whats your height ,weight , Body Fat % etc etc .
I am not sure looking into supplements at this point is the direction to take rather get your Diet and Workout routine dialed in first and you will see the changes take place . I would get started on a good daily vitamin designed for women first .

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
List your stats, current diet and exp. Some smart girls here to help you out.

peace.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Motions, Welcome to TID ! To start your journey, the first thing that has to be in check is your diet.

You need to eat 4-5 times a day, these meals should be spaced 2-4 hours apart. This keeps your body active and speeds up the metabolism.

An example of your lunch meal would look something like this:

4 oz of grilled boneless skinless chicken breast, a small - medium baked potato, plain, you can add a little butter.
A large salad ( lettuce, tomatoes, fat free cheese, and a fat free dressing used sparingly)

The next thing is the gym. You need a workout split where you lift about 4 days a week. This also can depend on your schedule. Your workout days can look like this, but can be arranged to how you like.

Monday: legs

Tuesday: shoulders and triceps

Wednesday: off day , do some abs

Thursday: chest and biceps

Friday: back and hamstrings

Saturday: off , do abs

Sunday: off

You also need to do some form of cardio. What do you like to do for activities? Cardio can be modified for what you like.

Fluids: you need to make sure you drink a bunch of water, probably to start with aim for 8 glasses a day. 64 ounces.

Gradually increase this until you reach about a 1/2 gallon.

Supplements: the supplements to help you are whey protein, fish oil, glucosamine, and a good multi vitamin.

I hope this helps. Could you list your height, weight ?

Last edited:
TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
There are some good female specific forums here as well as fm members who are qualified and more than willing to help you. if your new to it all then there is a lot to learn, and your at the right place to do just that.

like shine said, list your age, height, weight, general build, approx. body fat percent, fitness experience both - current and past, current diet, etc. this is needed in order to better understand where you are at and what will work best to help you achieve your objectives.

Last edited:
big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
welcome to the Den. i love bodybuilding as well and i suggest to focus on diet before getting confused in the supplement world. nothing is writtin in stone here so if you hear you have to do this or you have to do that i would be skeptical.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Welcome to the den...
If you're completely new to fitness I would start with Jamie Easons live fit 12 week program, it is free, and laid out with workouts and a clean diet. Including vids on exercises etc ..

Beyond that we need to know where you're starting , but supplements I would avoid at this point

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
While a split is best for the intermediate to advanced bodybuilder, most beginners make better progress on a fully body workout 3x a week.

Lots of good advice in here motions.

Now there's nothing left to it but to do it. :)

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
welcome! I have to disagree with an earlier poster that said "lighter weights and higher reps for the toned look"....seriously? The OP wants to know about bodybuilding...that is not asking about toning...that is asking about growing muscle which is not the same thing at all. Rep ranges between 6-12 (8-10 are my fav) are better for hypertrophy. To the OP...please tell us about your background...do you lift now and if yes, how long and what type of workouts have you done?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
welcome! I have to disagree with an earlier poster that said "lighter weights and higher reps for the toned look"....seriously? The OP wants to know about bodybuilding...that is not asking about toning...that is asking about growing muscle which is not the same thing at all. Rep ranges between 6-12 (8-10 are my fav) are better for hypertrophy. To the OP...please tell us about your background...do you lift now and if yes, how long and what type of workouts have you done?

i have to agree with this. my clients that say they want to "tone" get put in that rep range. you have to build muscle to get that toned look. too many people think i reps get you toned but thats not true IMO. will get you some muscle endurance but thats not what the OP is asking about. good post shan. anyway she wants to build and i just adressed the getting toned thing.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

Phew, I just joined the board and the first reply I see was that, and I thought "oh boy..." then I saw your reply and it was a relief.

There is a common misconception that women will become to bulky with heavy weights. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, some of the best female physiques in the gym were built with things like moderate to heavy squats, bench pressing, deadlifts etc. Just learn to do them with good form and with some common sense to prevent injury.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I cringe anytime I hear somebody say "toned" LOL...and you are so right...building any mass at all is really REALLY hard for females, it never happens on accident and rarely even when you are trying LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic