Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Designing A Ketogenic Diet

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
just a bit of input. If going strictly keto, avoid almonds and some other nuts because they will actually keep you from going into ketosis.

Really almonds will? I did not know that. I friggen hate walnuts and dont use oil at all. I was supplementing with Coconut oil for a time too....I just started keto this week and will see how it goes....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
just a bit of input. If going strictly keto, avoid almonds and some other nuts because they will actually keep you from going into ketosis.

Thanks for the input! I ran out or I would have thanked you for this post.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
tried to upload the lists but it wont let me... sorry man, the links i posted should work, u wont have to download anything but the pdf's from my mega account

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Good thread WW, nice one buddy.

Some useful info in here for sure.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
tried to upload the lists but it wont let me... sorry man, the links i posted should work, u wont have to download anything but the pdf's from my mega account

I'll take a look later bro.

BikiniBeast

BikiniBeast

TID Lady Member
Apr 10, 2014
Thanks for sharing! Considering a keto diet to lose some excess body fat!

J

Jetdoctorjon

Jun 20, 2015
foodlist.pdf (67 KB)

foodlistcarbs.pdf (88 KB)

some food lists if i may for u!

Thanks for sharing. I am starting a keto diet soon and these will come in handy. I had no clue avacados were so high in carbs.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Am I right by assuming that whey will spike insulin and bump us outta ketosis, even if it is carbless, at certain doses?
I've been avoiding anything over 10g per serving because of this info - I believe I got it from John Kiefer.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Am I right by assuming that whey will spike insulin and bump us outta ketosis, even if it is carbless, at certain doses?
I've been avoiding anything over 10g per serving because of this info - I believe I got it from John Kiefer.

Sorry I have no idea. I continued to use whey protein during my ketogenic diet and it didn't seem to cause me to have an insulin spike.

Here is some updated information on my ketogenic dieting.

I stuck with a "ketogenic" diet for nearly 3 years and recently came off. What I learned most of all is that it is hard to get into ketogenesis. When you do, you will feel terrible for a day or so until your body switches to burning fats. You can gain weight while on a ketogenic diet, if you eat above maintenance Kcals. Cheat days / meals can ruin the diet by taking you out of ketosis, and bulking you back up so that the fat you lost is all replaced.

My updated recommendations for ketogenic dieting: keep your carbs as low as you can. That means eat green veggies and meat, eggs and bacon, and pretty much nothing else. When you transition to a ketogenic diet, start with fats high, maybe as high as 150g fats per day. After your transition, lower the fats to 100g, and lower your Kcals per day until you are in a slight defecit. Don't overdo the cheat meals or cheat day. Maybe 1 cheat meal per week, where you don't go crazy and eat a lot of sugars, is okay. If you are cutting hard, don't do a cheat every week. Maybe do it every other week. If you start to feel like crap, add in some fats. If that doesn't help. check your carbs to be sure you are below 30g per day. I did a lot of good lifting while on a ketogenic diet and some aerobics too. The diet never seemed to leave me without energy, after I got past the initial transition phase.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic