Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Decline bench

IronBreez

IronBreez

Aug 3, 2017
How to do decline bench if there's no special equipment for that.
Is it easiest way to just modify normal bench by placing something under it?

How much better it is compared to dips for building lower part of pecs.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have always preferred dips. Dips allow one to vary the angle during the movement to target pec, tri and variations with elbows inward or outward combined with 'the lean' to hit the target for as many reps as possible and burn out using assist muscles.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I'll throw in decline bench here and there, but I'm of the same mind as CFM and prefer dips. With no decline bench available, I'd gravitate toward dips.

B

Badleroybrown

Oct 25, 2022
If you want to be that guy you can take a few plates and out them under the bench. But rather then be that guy I would do dips.
May some cables.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
How to do decline bench if there's no special equipment for that.
Is it easiest way to just modify normal bench by placing something under it?

How much better it is compared to dips for building lower part of pecs.
I think weighted dips are better and they will build triceps.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
Unfortunately, the gym where I've been training since 2005 only has one standing dipping cable machine that's usually over occupied everytime I am there. But there is a FLEX decline bench set and about one decline bench to use at any of the 2 Smith machines. Like most of you fellow ID members, I'd prefer seated dip machines.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Never did em, never will, pushups and dips.(done properly of course, which very few people do)

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
I use the decline all the time. It's grown my traps. Works my should and tri's. It works for me. That's b/c I suck at free bench incline. I cannot do incline. Something is wrong with my physio structure, so to work the upper pectoralis major, tri, anterior delt I use the level bench and the incline chest press. I find the cables and the incline chest press to help my weak sides.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic