Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Decline bench

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
You can replace your simple bench with a decline bench and it’s possible to do your workout into a simple bench. You just need to follow a few steps;
  • Take some bumber plates and set up a mini stack. Place at least 3-5 plates according to the bench.
  • Place them under the lower half of the bench to set a decline angle.
  • This is a great technique to switch your simple bench into a decline bench.
But along with this technique, I’d also recommend DIPS as there are numerous benefits of doing dips as it increases flexibility and it’s beneficial for your fitness!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You can replace your simple bench with a decline bench and it’s possible to do your workout into a simple bench. You just need to follow a few steps;
  • Take some bumber plates and set up a mini stack. Place at least 3-5 plates according to the bench.
  • Place them under the lower half of the bench to set a decline angle.
  • This is a great technique to switch your simple bench into a decline bench.
But along with this technique, I’d also recommend DIPS as there are numerous benefits of doing dips as it increases flexibility and it’s beneficial for your fitness!
One bumper plate would be better. Putting 3-5 bumper plates could be anywhere from 6-20 inches high. The muscle fibers of the pectoral muscle are only slightly angled. Anything more than 10-15 degrees is loading the shoulder.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
dips built a good amount of mass on my triceps.for a while I had blown out my shoulders so didn't bench for a long time but worked up to very heavy dips. When I went back to bench I hadn't lost an ounce of strength but my triceps were a lot better..

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I could always add more weight to the bar when doing declines. My home gym doesn't have a decline bench though so it's been 7-8 years since I've done them.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I switch between flat and decline now about 1/2 and 1/2. Decline is easier on my shoulders. I would prefer incline for development but age has it's impact.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic