Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

deca good for joints or just a myth?

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
After i got home from work today and i was sitting here and i can feel my elbows,knees,wrist,sholders and fingers throbing from joint pain...Then i realized about 7 or 8 days ago i swiched orals up from d-bol to winstrol..Im just takeing 25mgs ed ...Now here is the kicker....For the longest i was runing npp i had 100mls of the stuff ...150mgs strong.....I was doing ed and eod injections....Mostly ed injections and right before the botttle was gone i began runing deca...I have 100ml vial of the stuff too....I say ive been on the deca for about 5 to 6 weeks now..I lose track..Im doing eod injections at 300mgs plus im runing this triblend along side with the deca and some cyp....Anyway,now that the winstrol is runing wild i can def feel my joints rotting from the inside out....All this talk about deca lubs the joints seems to be more of a fairy tale then facts to me....U would think all the npp and deca im doing that runing winstrol would affect my joints...But its not the case...Maybe because of my age factor has something to do with it...I dont know...?Really does Deca lub the joints?,,,,If so,can someone back it up with facts rather then just saying....Im starting to beleive that deca isnt some lub job like most think...Im sitting proff right now as i soak in joint pain....Has their been any studies done on deca and joint pain?..if so can someone post it that way i know that its not just a myth.........dw

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
who claimed decas impact on joints was strong enough to counter winnys impact? The evidence beyond personal experiences is weak (though not real hard to find) but that evidence wasn't gathered with the person taking other compounds like winstrol either. Point is no one answer will fit everyone. Deca appears to help my joints to some extent be it collagen synth increase, corticoid suppression or increased cellular water uptake I don't know and I don't have anything concrete enough to prove one way or the other...but I'm also not on winstrol to counter any possible joint health increase.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
I'm 45, and about a month ago I did the same transition from Deca at about 600mg a wk using eod injects. I'm running 50mg of Winny ED and man did I feel the difference the first week was noticeable the second week was bad and I felt like shit. Two additional weeks later and I'm not really feeling it any more.

Reactions: SJA

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
The research that was done at UNC proved that deca indeed did help the regeneration of the tissue.
As nut pointed out will it counter the effects of winny? I cannot say.
I have used winny so sparingly in my time that every time I read one of these posts about it I feel that much more glad I didnt use that much in the past.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yes, Deca will help your joints to feel better/ more lubed when lifting.
Does it HELP your joints, i cannot say but it will decrease discomfort for sure.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
For me Deca helps greatly while Im using the compound, once its out of my system the positive affects on my joints subside. Deca increases collagen synthesis substantially, it also increases the amount interstitial fluid and synovial fluid in the body. One issue you may have DW is the fact that you stay on test all the time. Testosterone alone greatly reduces the amount of collagen synthesis that takes place causing issues with connective tissues and joints, that coupled with heavy lifting can really degrade ones joints. Winny is only going to exasperate any joint issues you have now.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Anecdotally, it makes a world of difference being able to consistently lift heavier without the grinding and discomfort. But I can't say about winny competing with it to fuck your joints.

K

kane.d3

Oct 24, 2011
I have no scientific evidence, only real life experience.
Off gear = joints kind of creaky
on Deca = joints feel great
on Winny = joints kill me

This is why I don't use winny anymore, I'm also not a big fan of deca except for the way it lubes my joints.

I just run test, d bol, a bombs, tren, equipoise.....I'm too jacked too feel my joints, unless i use winny. Winny just makes me feel like a front porch forecaster, "knees flaring up, must be storm coming."

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Increases in collagen synthesis and other bone matrix markers has been seen in the regeneration of bone in the presence of nandrolones. Increases in fibroblast collagen production has also been associated with nandrolones. Nandrolones have also been associated with reduction of inflammatory cytokines seen in aging. Much of the internet lore or conjecture relating nandrolones with joint support has probably been extrapolated from the literature of positive effects of nandrolones on bone density and antiinflammatory activity. There is no data in the literature relating the extreme dose patterns used by BBers and other weight training enthusiasts to positive effects in joint tissues. i would be most inclined to believe that the hormone signaling pathways are so skewed under extreme dosage patterns that normal joint metabolism would be compromised especially after long term use.

Aerssens, J., R. Van Audekercke, et al. (1993). "Mechanical properties, bone mineral content, and bone composition (collagen, osteocalcin, IGF-I) of the rat femur: influence of ovariectomy and nandrolone decanoate (anabolic steroid) treatment." Calcif Tissue Int 53(4): 269-277.

Cen, Y., N. Liu, et al. (2004). "[Effects of nandrolone phenylpropionate on fibroblasts after injury in rats]." Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35(4): 508-511.

Thompson, R. W., J. M. McClung, et al. (2006). "Modulation of overload-induced inflammation by aging and anabolic steroid administration." Exp Gerontol 41(11): 1136-1148.

Last edited:
K

kane.d3

Oct 24, 2011
Wow......data can be skewed any direction you want I guess, however no long term research or official medical conclusions are available. Instead of listening to misinformation you should research all angles and draw ur own conclusion. Here is a link everyone should read.

deca-durabolin

likely an anti-inflammatory reaction as opposed to a "lubrication" either way, not enough research done either way to know the particulars.

Nobody should argue hard one way or the other since there is no definitive evidence. But if it works for you, go with it. People typically seem to have less joint pain when on "deca" so why try to quantify it, to each their own.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
deca is a perception drug a dr can prescribe for joint usage...

K

kane.d3

Oct 24, 2011
Yes, thats true. If you are a post menopausal woman or anemic. You can get 100mg a month if ur lucky. Deca is worthless at less than 500mg a week.

This conversation got way off topic. Different gear reacts different with different people. If you want your joints to feel better, use 100-200mgs a week, don't expect gains. If you want gains from deca use 600mgs a week for results, but use enough test so ur dick doesn't take a nose dive.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic