Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

deca good for joints or just a myth?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I never noticed the benefits of nandrolones until I actually had shoulder issues. I always 'felt good' on nandrolones, but it wasn't until 2 years ago, I really noticed how well they help. Two years ago, I was using 30-60mg of sub-q test blend ED + 100mg NPP EOD to M/W/F dosing. After about 3'ish months, I took out the NPP and replaced it with some Tbol at 50mg/d, and after about 2-3 weeks, my shoulders were killing me. No other changes, just a swap of the 2 compounds. It was fully apparent and noticeable.

For the last decade, i've mainly just used sub-q test at low doses (ie 10-30mg ED to EOD) for reference....with maybe 2-4 bouts over that time span of putting in other compounds. This was mainly due to burn-out, despising constant IM injects, work, kids and family, surgeries, etc, etc.

I've been having major shoulder issues for awhile now, and i've wanted to slip in another low dose of NPP to see if it's effects work like the last time, but i've just not got around to it. I'm not expecting miracles, but if it worked like the last time I used it, i'd be happy. I remember 15-20 years ago thinking it did not help much, despite the older guys raving about it....now i'm in their shoes. I need to play around with it a little more right now though.

Thanks for the study above @Wilson6 . So glad you are still roaming on these forums, you are such a wealth of info!!!
I've found it helpful for my shoulders as well and they are trashed. Using 20 - 30 ND mg every 5 days along with my TC HRT. It is prescribed from a compounding pharmacy. Doesn't seem to take much and the dosing is so low that running it with HRT continuously is not an issue. No effect on HDL as one would expect with low doses of most of the inj androgens. Wish they'd compound masteron, helps the aging libido. Also use BPC-157 for biceps tendonitis, chronic.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I've found it helpful for my shoulders as well and they are trashed. Using 20 - 30 ND mg every 5 days along with my TC HRT. It is prescribed from a compounding pharmacy. Doesn't seem to take much and the dosing is so low that running it with HRT continuously is not an issue. No effect on HDL as one would expect with low doses of most of the inj androgens. Wish they'd compound masteron, helps the aging libido. Also use BPC-157 for biceps tendonitis, chronic.

So 20-30mg ND q 5 days is noticeable for you?

If so, that is great and promising to read. I have often wondered how low of a dosage would be beneficial, and at that dosage, it would be ridiculously easy to implement, while also not effecting lipids, etc. In fact, that might be the lowest dosage i've read anybody give feedback on, so it is very encouraging. I think I may give it a try soon.

What is your dosing schedule for BPC?

Thanks!

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
So 20-30mg ND q 5 days is noticeable for you?

If so, that is great and promising to read. I have often wondered how low of a dosage would be beneficial, and at that dosage, it would be ridiculously easy to implement, while also not effecting lipids, etc. In fact, that might be the lowest dosage i've read anybody give feedback on, so it is very encouraging. I think I may give it a try soon.

What is your dosing schedule for BPC?

Thanks!
That's the lowest dose that seems to work for me. If you plan to use if long term HRT, no more than 100 mg/wk and certainly with T or it will kill libido and cause ED. BPC 200 mcg in each shoulder specifically the area of pain 3x/wk. To start, everyday for a couple weeks. If you don't notice anything in a month, probably isn't worth continuing. Everyone is different, what works for one guy may do nothing or cause a bunch of sides for another. Relative to androgens, the older we get the more conservative we have to be.

Smitty217

Smitty217

Nov 10, 2021
I’ve been doing TC 180 mg a week with 60 mg of ND 60 mg a week for a good while. Joints feel great, libido through the roof, and sense of well being is great. No plans on ever stopping this protocol for me. I’ve battled joint issues and sever shoulder arthritis for many years and this has helped me personally very dramatically. Deca gets a bad rap to the point I was terrified to even try it. I LOVE DECA and the benefits it gives. Don’t buy into everything everyone else says. Be smart, start low and slow and try for yourself. Everyone is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
A close friend of mine who turned 80 this year has been on T or ND, 200 mg/wk for 30+ years, he has Klinefelter's. He used ND only when it was available in the 90's as I did with hCG. Now he uses 100 TC/100 ND compounded every 7 - 10 days. He has a Gleason 6 PCa and had a coronary artery spasm MI a few years ago, docs have no idea why. Stress induced they believe. His joints are trashed and this is the only thing that keeps him glued together. He just had a stress echo done last week, has the functional capacity of a fit 50 yr old, echo and heart function is fine, as was the ECG during maximal exercise. Labs are fine. He has one done yearly. His docs told him to keep doing what he's doing and this is a team from the Cleveland Clinic. He continues to exercise and run a business. Donates blood every several months and monitors the PCa that is slow growing. Has a small blockage of one of his CAs but it is stable and they are not concerned, uses a low dose statin. Both his dad and uncle died in the 40's from CAD. Long term exercise and clean diet has been good to him.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Then i realized about 7 or 8 days ago i swiched orals up from d-bol to winstrol
Joint issues and winstrol are common. After a couple cycles I had the same problems.

It could be useful a few weeks out for contest prep.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
Make sure estrogen levels aren’t too low. If I use too much AI and my estrogen levels drop I can really feels it in my joints.

testiFy

testiFy

Jun 5, 2019
A close friend of mine who turned 80 this year has been on T or ND, 200 mg/wk for 30+ years, he has Klinefelter's. He used ND only when it was available in the 90's as I did with hCG. Now he uses 100 TC/100 ND compounded every 7 - 10 days. He has a Gleason 6 PCa and had a coronary artery spasm MI a few years ago, docs have no idea why. Stress induced they believe. His joints are trashed and this is the only thing that keeps him glued together. He just had a stress echo done last week, has the functional capacity of a fit 50 yr old, echo and heart function is fine, as was the ECG during maximal exercise. Labs are fine. He has one done yearly. His docs told him to keep doing what he's doing and this is a team from the Cleveland Clinic. He continues to exercise and run a business. Donates blood every several months and monitors the PCa that is slow growing. Has a small blockage of one of his CAs but it is stable and they are not concerned, uses a low dose statin. Both his dad and uncle died in the 40's from CAD. Long term exercise and clean diet has been good to him.

This is going to be me at 60 lol.
I refuse to come off of deca because of the immense joint relief it provides.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I've recently had some really significant shoulder issues for which the docs say my shoulder is so messed up my only option is a shoulder replacement. Not quite bad enough for that, but it's really bad. Haven't used Deca for a number of years, but decided to give it a try. I was shocked at how much it alleviated the issues in not only my shoulder, but also in a bum knee. Made things tolerable in the gym. Don't get me wrong, nowhere close to where I was a year ago, but the gym is at least doable again with a reasonable amount of weight. I'd say around 60% reduction in pain.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
This is going to be me at 60 lol.
I refuse to come off of deca because of the immense joint relief it provides.

What dose are you running it at? I see this more and more. Guys running deca year round.

I also run it year round at a low dose, just curious what your dose is.

testiFy

testiFy

Jun 5, 2019
What dose are you running it at? I see this more and more. Guys running deca year round.

I also run it year round at a low dose, just curious what your dose is.

I use between 150-200mg but it’s because I also lift heavy most of the time. if I were just doing it for moderate/light lifting and quality of life it would be 100mg with 200mg test.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I use between 150-200mg but it’s because I also lift heavy most of the time. if I were just doing it for moderate/light lifting and quality of life it would be 100mg with 200mg test.

That's probably the sweet spot 1:2 ratio ND:T and dosing, something you could run as HRT. Just have to watch the Hb/HCT and BP, maybe E2 as well esp if older. Could also sub 50 Mast for T and run that combo if E sensitive.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic