Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

deca good for joints or just a myth?

Phatbastard

Phatbastard

Mar 17, 2012
IMO

This entire thread makes light of what a horible compound Winny is and how horible it is on our joints! I dispise this compound. Unless your getting on stage it serves no purpose in the average man regimn!

Study or no studys Deca has to many real world testimonials that it easis joint pain to disregard it for this porpose. Mostly due to fluid retention IMO. Is this due to Cologen synthosis? I don't believe so discontinuing it seem to provide proof that it has masked the underlying sysmptoms rather than repair them.

I'll Often run 200mg for what I feel are lubricating purposes!

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
This is an old thread and I used to use Deca with every cycle but then started hearing about arterial hardening (I think was the issue, don't quote me please) so I stopped using Deca. I have really jacked up joints. Bad rotators but even worse both elbows have hurt to the point that some days I can't lift 10lbs without pain at a 10 out of 10. I have never used Winny EVER and never plan to.

Now rom what I do remember Deca gave a lot of bloat which I don't want of course and don't care if I gain tons of size I just want to be able to lift every day like I should be able to. Will NPP (I've tried with no seen help but maybe needs to be run longer) or TPP or a combo of the two?? These are two compounds I really don't understand the difference from Deca itself.

Normally what I run is short 6 week cycles, Test, Tren, Mast (the Mast might be hurting me?? but I only cycle 2 times per year and cruise the rest). I can run a longer cycle but not sure what would be best. It would be freaking great to be back up toward 500 on squats and 400 on bench if these damn joints did not hurt so much.

Str8jacked

Str8jacked

Dec 25, 2011
@44 I recommend Deca, it's been great for me!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
More anecdotal evidence... Been on 600mg NPP for a couple months. No knee pain, no hip discomfort, no shoulder crepitus, no spinal discomfort...

Haven't seem my chiro for a while because of it. If hemocrit isnt a prob for someone I think it would be great to add nandrolone to a course of TRT!

Jimmyinkedup

Jimmyinkedup

Aug 22, 2012
The late Nandi (Karl Hoffman) who imo was a freaking genious, wrote about this. I believe his contention. There are steroids that increase collagen synthesis more than deca, steroids that cause more water retention. It has nothing to do with that. Deca acts as a progestin ...progesterone has a powerful anti inflammatory effect. Thats why peoples joints feel so much better on deca (or nandrolone).
Also before it is mentioned tren is NOT a true progestin ..so thats why the same effect isnt attributed to tren use.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
The late Nandi (Karl Hoffman) who imo was a freaking genious, wrote about this. I believe his contention. There are steroids that increase collagen synthesis more than deca, steroids that cause more water retention. It has nothing to do with that. Deca acts as a progestin ...progesterone has a powerful anti inflammatory effect. Thats why peoples joints feel so much better on deca (or nandrolone).
Also before it is mentioned tren is NOT a true progestin ..so thats why the same effect isnt attributed to tren use.

anti-Inflammatory , also Nandrolone and Pregnenolone both act as positive allosteric modulators of glycine and GABAA receptors and these recpetors play an important role to prevent the apparition of pathological pain symptoms of allodynia and hyperalgesa.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18614289

Great read By Karl, definitely was one smart brother. Learned a ton from him, BigCat did an awesome follow up on that as well.

Last edited:
Jimmyinkedup

Jimmyinkedup

Aug 22, 2012
anti-Inflammatory , also Nandrolone and Pregnenolone both act as positive allosteric modulators of glycine and GABAA receptors and these recpetors play an important role to prevent the apparition of pathological pain symptoms of allodynia and hyperalgesa.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18614289

Great read By Karl, definitely was one smart brother. Learned a ton from him, BigCat did an awesome follow up on that as well.

Great Post. Nice additional info. Yeah its amazing the man (Karl) hasnt be around since 2005 (rip) and i think ive read everything I can get my hands on he wrote...yet Im still learning from him.

B

Bennny C

Mar 8, 2011
My experience with Deca says yes to it help joints

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I know this is a older thread but a great read. I've been wanting to go on deca for awhile now and after reading all the great info here I'm going too. The last time I did it I think I was 25 so I don't remember how it made my joints feel. Now that I'm 38 shit hurts so I think deca is my best bet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic