Latest Member
Kiddorism

Deadlifting with high belt placement

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
rhinoontheroad1-e1346642864416.jpg

def still not as high as Leeman, but higher than most....

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
I just think that it would be extremely uncomfortable and painful wearing it that high. Maybe with a prong belt it'd be a little easier to adjust and wear it that high, but still seems dumb to me. I prefer a placement right over the belly button just because I am able to brace my core better against the belt.

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
I usually do mine higher because I had an umbilical hernia and like higher support where my back rounds. Plus my belt hits my hips and hurts like fuck for some reason. Probablly cause I'm just a pussy.

BrutusMaximus

BrutusMaximus

Jul 8, 2013
I prefer to wear my belt over my lower ribs on deadlifts, as opposed to over my navel for squats. If I wear it any lower on DLs, it digs into my side quite painfully.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Did the Babyslayer come up with the idea to wear the belt that high? I don't remember anyone doing it before him.

1st off, good to see the Babyslayer moniker come out on here. The belt is his version of " must be this tall to ride"

2nd, We've been doing this for years.... maybe not quite as high, but close. The belt is an artificial ab, not really much of an external back support. Put it at the point where you can generate the most force in to it with your belly.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I definitely wear my belt higher on pulls then squats but not that high. I wear it over my belly button. That works best for me but I always place with placement of belt to see what felt best. That felt really uncomfortable at that height.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Thanks for bringing this up. This morning, I wore my belt high for the first time and experienced less lower back strain than usual when I struggled too long with a failed rep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic