Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Deadlift Form Check

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Deadlifts are best done with heavier weight for lower reps but plenty of sets to beat you up.

To be honest you are at a HUGE disadvantage for this lift genetically. Your legs are VERY long and while I am sure they are quite nice, that's a long long way to pull.

I think the biggest issue I can see right off the bat is that you are hyper extending the back (lumbar mostly) instead of extending the hips thru and into the bar.

What I mean by this is examine the position of your hips at lockout. If your pelvis were a bucket of water you are dumping the contents all over the front of your legs (anterior tilt).

Normally my cue for the men I coach is unfortunately "f*ck the bar." Hopefully you understand what I mean by that and sorry for the crude method lol

As far as your lats - you are probably right. The bar is far away from your thighs. Pull it into you and your lats will tighten. Then think about tucking your scapula into your back pockets. Now your whole upper back is locked.

Also wear shorts too pull. No pants. The knurling will get caught up in it and screw up the lift.

Get some more vid next time you pull and use something heavier. Work up close to a max effort. At that point we may see more form breakdowns and address them before they become habit or an injury.

S

Sherriperoni

TID Lady Member
Mar 25, 2015
Wow. Great feedback. Thank you so much.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic