Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Dead Lifts ...... Phsssst thats nothing...

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
So I have been doing some re-modeling on my home. I'm in OK shape, I lift, do heavy squats and dead lifts, and eat good and take my vitamins. etc, So I think to my self, what is a little work on the house going to do, nothing, I got this, its easy.

So Saturday, I get some lumber and decided to remove and replace a bunch of boards on my deck that are old and have been there forever. So I get after it with a crow bar, on my knees, ripping out old 2x6 and the nails that held them in, and screwing in new boards. After 5 hours of this, I'm done proud of the work, and it looks, good. I notice that I have a huge pump in my lower back and hamstrings.

I'm like cool got a good work out in while fixing the house. Go to be sleep like a rock cause of all the physical work. Sunday morning I wake up, and OH MY GOD, I can barely walk to the bathroom, my hams, glutes, erectors, and core are so sore. I have done some brutal work out in the gym, but I have never had this much pain the next day. Sunday was spent taking Ibuprofen, and walking as much as I could to get the lactic acid out of my system.

Any of you power lifters out there who want to work their lower back, glutes, and hammies, I suggest a day on your knees, tearing out decking, laying tile, or pulling carpet out. Its the best workout you will ever get.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I hear ya bro...I helped my cousin move a few weeks back and could barely get out of bed the next morning.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Never ceases to amaze me how so many simple tasks can absolutely cripple my lower back, even though I can squat & deadlift 600 lbs.

Cleaned up our back yard about a month ago as we got new patio furniture and since we live in a townhouse I had to carry a bunch of shit all the way around through the neighbors back yard then out front and into the garage because I didn't want to drag it through the house. Each trip I had to sit down on the front step for a couple minutes because my lower back was killing me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
When you deadlift you put yourself in an optimal mechanical position to move big weight.

Not so during labor like this.

This is why I hire people to do these things for me. That plus I have no skills.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Dude been there. Every time I try to do anything but lift weights and make sandwiches.

I think that's our bodies way of telling us to stay in our lanes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
I run a home remodeling company. It's something that you can never prepare for. You hit muscles you didn't know you have. It's work for sure but it's less cardio I have to do in the gym. :D My back is strong as hell from all the tile laying and constant picking up. That being said I should have just went to college and been a Dr or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic