Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Dead Lift Form Critique

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Rounding the upper back isn't something that's frowned upon... actually one of the most famour pullers, KK, deadlifts with a rounded upper back (while keeping his lower back flat aka... neutral).

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for the replies.

I have an idea of what to work on now.

Question though: Should I try to arch my back when I dead lift like you do when you squat?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks for the replies.

I have an idea of what to work on now.

Question though: Should I try to arch my back when I dead lift like you do when you squat?

You don't mean arched. You shouldn't arch your back when you pull or squat. You should keep your back neutral or flat.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
You don't mean arched. You shouldn't arch your back when you pull or squat. You should keep your back neutral or flat.

Ah ok. Do you ever see videos of Louie coaching people and then telling them to arch? What does he mean?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ah ok. Do you ever see videos of Louie coaching people and then telling them to arch? What does he mean?

Probably just his cue for flat back. If you're arched... then your back isn't in it's strongest position b/c it's curved and weight on a curved back isn't as strong as a flat back.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Ahhhhh ok. Thanks. Gonna have to remember this.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
I concur with all of the comments and suggestions. In the end though the deadlift is the craziest of the three lifts people can do this shit so different and frighteningly and still pull it off. I always try to be exacting but know that trying small variations can yield a big return. I've had to concede a couple of form changes that I had a hard time watching but the results were worth while.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic