Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Dead Lift Form Critique

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Here's a video from today's dead lift workout. I have noticed that I feel stronger with my back slightly rounded, instead of having my back completely straight.

Any critique or input?

[video]https://youtu.be/LECzP5DSu84[/video]
You actually do a great job of getting behind that bar. Tough to do for a guy your size...

The rounded back thing is fine so long as it's not the lumbar spine.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Your lower back is neutral. It's your upper back that's rounded and there are some very famous big name pullers who pull that way with a lot of success.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
You actually do a great job of getting behind that bar. Tough to do for a guy your size...

The rounded back thing is fine so long as it's not the lumbar spine.

Your lower back is neutral. It's your upper back that's rounded and there are some very famous big name pullers who pull that way with a lot of success.

Thanks guys for your response.

This setup feels pretty good. I can notice that I feel like I have more strength like this as opposed to having my back straight completely.

I'll keep this setup and see how it goes.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It looks like your lower and mid back stay pretty neutral for the first three or four reps on the first set... the last one started to hunch.
On the second set it happened earlier, and on the third set even earlier.... Don't get lazy with it. It starts out really good.

Funny enough though, your first few reps you pretty much sit straight to the bar and come straight up, as you start to get tired on your lest few reps you actually correct your form and sit back to start the pull - which is fantastic.

The next step is combining the two. Sit back to start all your reps and focus on keeping tight on your later reps.

Definite improvement though.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
It looks like your lower and mid back stay pretty neutral for the first three or four reps on the first set... the last one started to hunch.
On the second set it happened earlier, and on the third set even earlier.... Don't get lazy with it. It starts out really good.

Funny enough though, your first few reps you pretty much sit straight to the bar and come straight up, as you start to get tired on your lest few reps you actually correct your form and sit back to start the pull - which is fantastic.

The next step is combining the two. Sit back to start all your reps and focus on keeping tight on your later reps.

Definite improvement though.

Thank you sir. Some more things to work on improving. Will bring this with me for my next dead lift workout.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
New video. How's it look? On the 3rd set, 3rd rep, I lost my balance and rolled forward. Not sure why?

[video]https://youtu.be/Z0d_G7GHmcA[/video]

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good speed turbo. It's obvious you are a stickler for good technique. That will pay off soon.

Not sure why you fell forward. At some point you must have been out over the bar. Don't worry about it.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Good speed turbo. It's obvious you are a stickler for good technique. That will pay off soon.

Not sure why you fell forward. At some point you must have been out over the bar. Don't worry about it.

Thank you sir. The form is starting to feel more natural. I like this setup now, way better than my old one.

I'd kinda like to put my dead lift suit on and try it out, but maybe in the future.

Chirality

Chirality

Apr 25, 2015
610 x 1

Not pretty over 600 lbs, but it was a PR. I know I need to drop my ass more looking at this. Whaddaya think?

[video]https://youtu.be/XWA_K4SGvFU[/video] 610 x 1

Chirality

Chirality

Apr 25, 2015
Nice form, turbo

Last edited:
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Not pretty over 600 lbs, but it was a PR. I know I need to drop my ass more looking at this. Whaddaya think?

[video]https://youtu.be/XWA_K4SGvFU[/video] 610 x 1

Nice work, not trying to be a jerk, however you should start your own thread man with some videos, I'm sure we would all like to see them.

Chirality

Chirality

Apr 25, 2015
Nice form turbo, didn't mean to thread jack! New to the forum....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic