pbtom
What's New?

Daytona 500

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I used to be big into racing but with all the rule changes and stopping the race and restarting the race and a caution flag for someone coughing too loud I'm sorta not into it anymore.
BUT, today is the Daytona 500 which is always fun to watch. Anyone still into racing?

MountaineerMuscle84

MountaineerMuscle84

Feb 16, 2019
I grew up between Florida and West Virginia Back when Petty and Earnhardt Reigned supreme! I got to go to Daytona a few years as a kid. Nascar was everything. I moved to California in 2007 and February rolled around and I planned on having a huge D 500 party. Only to find out people here couldn't name 3 racers if there life depended on it. I haven't watched a race in years. Ill blame on being a product of the environment.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I used to be big into racing but with all the rule changes and stopping the race and restarting the race and a caution flag for someone coughing too loud I'm sorta not into it anymore.
BUT, today is the Daytona 500 which is always fun to watch. Anyone still into racing?

I usually still keep up to date with Nascar. This is the first year since pop warner football I missed a Daytona 500.

Im not big on the new rules....or the new cars...or the new drivers

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I don't like that they stop the race for "legs" and restart, isn't the point of a race, who can go fastest from start to finish??

Was a shit show of a race, maybe 10+ cars survived the carnage? And Denny Hamlin is a douche bag, he can suck a bag of dicks in my book.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Who won? Dick Trickle? Ricky Bobby?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Was about as big of a NASCAR fan as anybody out there, many friends in racing, and a friend who won the Daytona 500 as well.

I've hardly watched a race over the last 8-10 years. It just sucks these days imo. I got tired of watching every effin' race end under yellow from an accident, rain delays, or the new rule that LK mentioned. It's just not the same, and more than half the guys are douchenozzles.

Was a huge Earnhardt and Waltrip fan back in the 80's and 90's...RIP:( Like most sports, those seem to be the best years for me in NASCAR too. I liked many years in the beginning 2000's, but after most of my guys retired, it just felt different watching it. My friend won the Daytona 500 though, and that was pretty cool. I liked Earnhardt Jr, and he was good, but never even close to is dad. When Sr. died, it was only 1 of 3 times I remember crying in sports, behind Magic Johnson retiring with HIV, and a year or two when the Celtics beat the Lakers in the 80's:D Fukk, I miss those days, so many memories. Those guys who raced back in the 80's and prior were great drivers considering all the machines they lugged around...true driving skills, though not near as fast.

My professors let me take a few days off from class, well, except 1-2....lol.

Yea, Hamlin is a douche.

I have no doubt in my mind that the old man would have won his 8th Championship in 2001 if he had not died:( Such a sad day that was. There were a lot of damn good wins and races that year too that were very memorable.

Anyway....I don't even know half those guys racing these days, lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic