Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Days of cubital fossa discomfort

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I've posted before about tendonitis. I noticed that after doing certain days of certain exercises. Arms, and other compound exercises I get a long lasting soreness in my cubital fossa (elbow pit) on both arms.

I assumed I get tendonitis pain along w/ pain and fatigue in my forearm (mostly left side) and have to limit my hammer curls to 10lbs or less. However, I get pain on both arms and the ache lasts for days. At 45, should I worry about tearing my bicep or anything?

Does a full elbow wrap or brace help to prevent this discomfort? I already bought a forearm strap and that worked for the tricep (tendonitis) discomfort, but wondering about my arms in general. Should I worry, and what do you think I should do to prevent injury, or is it just growing pains again?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Are you getting numbness or just pain? Is it only after doing a workout or does it hurt all the time? Where does the pain come from and where does it radiate out to?

You said that it hurts after doing compound exercises?? Sorry, a little confused what compound exercises are causing this discomfort?

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
I wonder if there is a way (MRI) to see if you're likely to rupture your biceps....I would love to get a look at my right side.

I am about 5 months post left distal biceps tendon rupture & repair. I sincerely hope you don't rupture it & that it is in good enough condition that it is unlikely to rupture. This shit has not been fun at all. Two weeks in a splint & sling & then the sling for another 4-5 weeks & then a few weeks of working out of the sling (usually was always on (as in it was usually hanging around my neck) unless I was at home, but whether my arm was actually in it or not depended).

It's weird because it feels so long ago, but also like it just happened the other day at the same time.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I wonder if there is a way (MRI) to see if you're likely to rupture your biceps....I would love to get a look at my right side.

I am about 5 months post left distal biceps tendon rupture & repair. I sincerely hope you don't rupture it & that it is in good enough condition that it is unlikely to rupture. This shit has not been fun at all. Two weeks in a splint & sling & then the sling for another 4-5 weeks & then a few weeks of working out of the sling (usually was always on (as in it was usually hanging around my neck) unless I was at home, but whether my arm was actually in it or not depended).

It's weird because it feels so long ago, but also like it just happened the other day at the same time.
Damn, well I'm not prepared to get an MRI out of pocket and I'm way out from having a dr starting me through some sort of prechecks I think. Slight discomfort will have the insurance company denying all claims immediately I'm sure. Sorry to hear about your injury bro, heal well and thanks for sharing. Keeps me in perspective.

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
Damn, well I'm not prepared to get an MRI out of pocket and I'm way out from having a dr starting me through some sort of prechecks I think. Slight discomfort will have the insurance company denying all claims immediately I'm sure. Sorry to hear about your injury bro, heal well and thanks for sharing. Keeps me in perspective.
Thanks bro. It's going OK. I'm only curling 10lbs dumbbells right now, although I should be further along. About 8 weeks ago (?), I started getting pain around the surgical site so I backed wayyyy off on the curls, although I (carefully) kept up on progressing back work. Most likely nothing & was probably just the nerves regrowing & reconnecting & I was just preceiving pain that had always been there but I just didn't know because the nerves were all jacked up, but like I said, this has been less than fun, so I wanted to be safe. I've been training pretty much normally for IDK, about 2 months now? Maybe a little longer. Only exception was back work, I was still doing a lot of unilateral stuff until 3 weeks ago I think when I switched back to 99% bilateral stuff again. And obviously arm work is still different.

They've not been happy with some of the weight I've been moving lol. 4+ plate deadlifts starting probably 2.5 months ago now, BTB shrugs in the Smith machine, couple pullups here & there lol. I happened to mention those to my PT in a portal message & he conversed with my doctor/surgeon & my PA about it & yeah, too much apparently lol. They do not know I've been running BPC-157, TB-500, & CJC/Ipamorelin since I got out of the hospital though (normally biceps rupture repairs are outpatient, but there was a complication during my procedure so they kept me for about two & a half days). I actually did 3 sets of 3 pullups just a few hours ago. Those felt way better than they did the last time I did them which was probably at least a month ago now. Felt amazing too. Not difficult either, but more difficult than they should really be for me. 9 pullups total @ BW...far cry from the BW+70lbs I was doing for sets of 6 back before the injury lol.

Maybe look into some peptides for your arm? If it is something, & you get good stuff, it should help you. I firmly believe the peptides helped me. Shit, I have what we think is a really bad forearm strain right now from everything in my forearm compensating for the lack of strength in my biceps & I started BPC-157/TB-500 again when I got some in about two weeks ago & I noticed some improvement within a few days.

I didn't even think of the cost for an MRI lol. I'm not sure they would even do it just to look for potential damage. They were super booked up & I had to make some calls & pull some strings to get in when I did. Plus, that MRI for the left one to Dx it was quite possibly the worst shit ever - I didn't even finish it. The position they put you in is just ridiculous. Here I was thinking this was gonna be 10 minutes or so & I gave in & squeezed the bulb for them to get me out about 20 minutes in I think cuz I couldn't breath worth shit & my entire left arm was completely numb. Turns out, we were only about 1/3rd of the way through the whole thing. Seriously?!?!?! lol. But I think it goes without saying that I'm really kind of paranoid now. I remember the day the splint came off, I went right to the weight room lol. Did a bunch of leg stuff & my knees were shaking like a leaf when I was trying to leg press because I was all worried my quad would rip & then I'd be stuck in the leg press or the pendulum squat with a bunk arm & a bunk leg & wouldn't be able to get out lmao.

Last edited:
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
A tight elbow sleeve will help with the pain while lifting. I use one for my left elbow and it works really well. I would still stay away from hammer curls though even when wearing the sleeve. When my elbow is not hurting I can do hammers with 90 lbs for 12. Even with the sleeve I cannot do 30 lbs without feeling some pain. All other curl and extension movements feel fine though with the sleeve.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Another strategy while flared up is to keep your grip "open" or very loose. Do machine curs palms up with fingers wide open and push down type movements with open hands.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
These are all great notes. I'm hoping I'll have driving privileges reinstated by next Wed night hopefully. Which means back to making money (to buy shit) and back to the gym. This time off is making me fat and I'm losing more weight not training.

Not thrilled at myself at the moment. I am definitely starting over and might do a full journal with the most embarrassing fucking before pics.

Seriously hating myself right now

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic