Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Dave Draper - Old School

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
awesome!!! , the true bodybuilders, ones with the passion to keep lifting, forever, have my utmost respect. LOVE IT!!!!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Another Draper nugget:

"I retrieved my wraps, grips and water from my mangy gym bag and tossed it in the corner. I was in no rush. Rushing is a thing of the past. I used to rush when I had time, and time quickly passed me by. Now, as if I knew better, I struggle to reclaim time by urgently slowing down"

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
A pearl from Draper's newsletter this week:

I ache all over, but don't worry about me. I can still work out in
spite of the self-inflicted cruelty. Endurance to go on day after day
needs continual hard work, cultivation and obsessing. The stiffness in
the joints, of course, is an affliction we all suffer as the years
weigh heavy on the Olympic bar of life.

Old bodybuilders never die; they just bomb away.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
love draper!! he was joe weider's first pick to introduce the public to the world of bodybuilding, but joe said he was to introverted...very reserved fellow, thats a quality i happen to like!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
A pearl from Draper's newsletter this week:

I ache all over, but don't worry about me. I can still work out in
spite of the self-inflicted cruelty. Endurance to go on day after day
needs continual hard work, cultivation and obsessing. The stiffness in
the joints, of course, is an affliction we all suffer as the years
weigh heavy on the Olympic bar of life.

Old bodybuilders never die; they just bomb away.

sounds like that should be in OUR bible bro, thanks!!!

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
I was alittle disappointed with his book Brother Iron, Sister Steel which I posted in previous thread he claims that gear is a waste of time and people will lose there gains and hes eluding to the fact that hes all natural and thats how he got big...lol I thinks thats bull. I think the most important point he makes in the book is that if you choose to bodybuild that you have to really live the lifestyle.. I wish he was just more upfront and honest about gear.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I was alittle disappointed with his book Brother Iron, Sister Steel which I posted in previous thread he claims that gear is a waste of time and people will lose there gains and hes eluding to the fact that hes all natural and thats how he got big...lol I thinks thats bull. I think the most important point he makes in the book is that if you choose to bodybuild that you have to really live the lifestyle.. I wish he was just more upfront and honest about gear.
Yeah like Arnold in the 25th anniversary of Pumping Iron interview. He said that all bodybuilders are randomly tested now and that it's very stringent.... lololol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic