Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Dallas' Myology Journey.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Hi every one, this is going to be my Iron Den Log. I will tell you my diet, training routine, supplement's and a bit about me.

And so we begin!

Dallas' Myology Journey.

Body building has always been in my life from my mom and dad. My first word was Swazy and at the age of 5 I was doing 100 reps of incline sit ups while my mom was training for competition. I went to many shows and met Bertil Fox, Bob Birdsong to name few. At the age of 15 I started to lift weights in my dads garage gym with the spiders and slugs watching. By the time I was 17 I was training in the roughest gyms I could find (the way bodybuilding should be dun IMO). I trained on and off till the age of 22 and then just sort of stopped until I was 29 and I started training for about a year. I shamefully admit that it was a bad time of my life and suffered bouts of depression till I finally divorced in 2003 from the "Bald Stump" (as we both affectionately call her). I re-met my long lost sweet heart Janie, my children adore me (was worried they might think I didn't love them as me and their mom split up) but they did :^) .

Now at the big 40, my life is looking up, me and Janie married and had our absolutely beautiful daughter Felicity (14 months old now). But training was quite a big thing in my life and felt I needed a physique again for my wife and for my children to be proud of like I was with my dad when I was younger. I stopped smoking January 1st 2014 and decided to change my diet from processed crap to healthy fresh food, but I needed to lift weights soooo much.

This is where my bodybuilding has started again just 4 weeks ago. Progress is going great at the moment and actually feel better than when I was 22 (but not as strong yet) YET!. Tennis elbow is preventing me from curling at the moment, but I can do everything else and they seem to be responding well just from doing cable rows etc at the moment. So with some help from you guys I would like to be around for some time on hear if that's ok with you lot ? and show you my progress.

So hear is my day to day Life now.

DIET

Breakfast is .... Rolled Oats with scoop of whey and 1piece of Toast with 3 Scrambled Eggs.

First Snack .... Pint of Milk with Skimmed Milk Powder mixed in.

Lunch .... Salad with Tuna.

2nd Snack .... Natural Yogurt with Tinned Fruit.

Dinner .... Veg with 2 Turkey Brest's.

Late Snack .... Tub of Quark with some Honey.

I drink water through the day all the time and drink a Whey protein drink after workouts. Some days my diet changes slightly but that roughly it for food.

SUPLIMENTS

Desiccated Liver Tablets x 10 a day.
Multi Vitamins.
Whey protein (after workouts)
Creatine on training days.

WORKOUTS

I started 4 weeks ago by training 1 body part each day with Sundays off, but this was making me very tired so I changed to 2 body parts every other day last week and I have lots more energy now.

My next training session is tomorrow (rest day today) so I will up date tomorrow on my training if anyone is interested ?

Thanks for reading and I will see you tomorrow my friends.

Kind regards,
Dallas

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome man, cant wait to follow!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Glad to see you started brother. Will check back in later to read all of that. On a short break at work now and don't have time.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Thanks Gregger. I will update tonight after training.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Diet today

BREAKFAST
Rolled oats with scoop of whey and milk, 3 Eggs scrambled.

SNACK
Semi skimmed milk with skimmed milk powder added.

LUNCH
Tin of Tuna with Salad

SNACK
Natural yogurt with tin of Pineapple

DINNER
3 Egg Omelette with Veg

SUPLIMENTS
Desiccated Liver tablets x10
Multi vitamin
Cod liver oil
Vitamin C

WORKOUT (an hour after dinner)

sets not including warm ups at about 80% .

Seated Dumbbell press 22kg x3 for 19,14,10
Cable Lateral Raises 15.5kg x 3 for 17,14,10
Cable Upright Rows 54.5kg x 3 for 18,15,13

Tricep Push Downs 54.5kg x 3 for 18,15,13
Close Grip Bench Press 59kg x 3 for 16,13,9
1 Arm Cable Extensions 27kg x 1 for 9 24kg x 2 for 9,8

Running out of weight at home now, need a big gym soon I think.

Will be eating a tub of quark with honey later and drinking Whey at the moment and drank water through the day.

Any good :^( .

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Just now getting around to reading everything brother. Awesome intro to the log, and glad you made the decision to get back at it. I've enjoyed having you and your wife here at TID. You guys are great.

Nice training session in today D! How do you feel about possibly starting at a gym rather than home? I think you'll be able to take advantage of the variety and multitude of equipment to help with goals, especially bringing up weaknesses.

Congrats to you and Janie brother and on your daughter. Sounds like everything happened as it did to bring you guys together. I'm really looking forward to this log.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Thanks IS. Yeh, Will need a big gym soon as my cable machine only goes up to 54.5 kg so im tending to do high reps. Last night I was a couple of reps down on tricep push downs Lateral Raises. But Im getting stronger every week so Im happy for now. Its a rest day today so its all about PROTEIN PROTEIN.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks IS. Yeh, Will need a big gym soon as my cable machine only goes up to 54.5 kg so im tending to do high reps. Last night I was a couple of reps down on tricep push downs Lateral Raises. But Im getting stronger every week so Im happy for now. Its a rest day today so its all about PROTEIN PROTEIN.

Stronger every day is good news brotha! Fuel those muscles today. I love eating on rest days.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Looking into the power cages with weight stack and room to add discs as well with low and high pulleys. Look quite cool and should do me for at home ?? Not yet though :(

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Day off the Gym today.

Diet Today

BREAKFAST
Rolled Oats With Whey and Milk
3 Scrambled Eggs

SNACK
Pint of Milk with Skimmed Milk Powder

LUNCH
Tin of Tuna on 2 Brown Bread with Salad

SNACK
Just Natural Yogurt and ........... ohh bugger I ate some cheese cake. :^( actually it was a whole family portion to my self.

DINNER
Baked Potato with Beans and 2 Turkey Stakes

Supplements

Liver tablets x 10
Vitamin C
Calcium
Multi Vitamin
Cod Liver Oil

Snack tonight will be a Tub of Quark with Honey in. Bloody 32 grams of protein in a 25 gram tub WOOOOOO Love the stuff.

Will be doing back in the gym tomorrow. Would usually do Biceps as well but I'm keeping off them for a while till I heel.

Be back soon folks.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic