Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Daily Undulating Periodisation (DUP)

P

pistolpete

Feb 5, 2013
Hi bros,

I've been reading about this and it looks like the perfect training scheme. It can be adapted for different number of training days per week. Also for strength, power and hypertrophy bias. Anyone used it? Should I bother?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The first programs I ever wrote and what I used myself uses DUP. It is incredibly effective. I made consistent gains wave after wave after wave.

I did one thing different though. On low intensity high rep sarcoplasmic hypertrophy days rather then do a few sets of deads bench or squat for sets of 12 we would speed work instead. So 15 doubles with short rest was typical. However I pile on accessory work that brings a lot of muscle growth. Many of my clients get bigger and stronger even though size is not the primary goal

Generally when people on the board ask for quick programming help I give them a plan that uses DUP.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I have read about it, listened to Layne Norton's podcast on it, and am intrigued.

Generally when people on the board ask for quick programming help I give them a plan that uses DUP.
This is good to know. I'll likely be in touch.

Last edited:
P

pistolpete

Feb 5, 2013
cool good to know. Definitelty gonna try this, once I start training regularly again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic