Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cycle Times

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Go buy a bunch of short ester products. Run 6-8 weeks, come off & repeat if you just want to run more cycles per year. I don’t really understand your thought process with that but your body, your call.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Direct questions.

Understood.

I've never given this much time between cycles.

Does that mean it's fine for me to go 10 on and 10 off, with the pct during the off time?

Or will I get better results by counting this as 16 weeks on and go 16 weeks off?
Same answer as above. PCT is counted as being on. You have to figure it into the “time off” equation. Personally I think you may want to read up a bit more on PCT protocol s.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Direct questions.

Understood.

I've never given this much time between cycles.

Does that mean it's fine for me to go 10 on and 10 off, with the pct during the off time?

Or will I get better results by counting this as 16 weeks on and go 16 weeks off?
What esters are you running? What is your PCT protocol like? I still come off too. The PCT stuff can be costlier than the gear itself sometimes but I’m not sure I’m done having kids yet so I personally don’t cruise. I count PCT time as cycle time since longer esters are peaking as you are ending your cycle. The advice of running short ester cycles for shorter periods with some proviron mixed in sounds like a good plan to me, personally. Then you can run more often. Me personally I like one long 12-14 week “cycle” at moderate amounts of the classics then I take the rest of the year off give or take. This allows me to kick start with some Dbol until the test starts kicking in but also gives my body time to recover from any orals as well as running the longer cycle. I like the Nolva/clomid/hcg PCT myself and I feel like my body does kickstart itself back up after a short lull.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Before I was on trt, my best results were just 8 on and 8 off with no real PCT. I've done a few PCT's when I first started, but I always felt "better" just running shorter cycles and then coming off completely. No difference in gains from something like a Dr Scally PCT with more off time, and my "blasts" were always moderate dosed.

I think PCT is good if you plan on coming off for an extended break. But if you're going to PCT and just hop back on in a month or 2 - there's no point imo. I was always told that PCT is part of your "on time" for what it's worth. If you're on drugs, you're on something.

I would time out a quick HCG blast after the cycle, and no clomid or nolva. That worked for me. Of course I went on trt when I was 35, so who knows. But I had no issue doing what I just said through most of my 20s - never had issues with ED or libido. By week 8 I was fired up to get back on, but who isn't fired up to get a blast going? It worked best with short esters due to the 8 weeks on.

When I was still playing football and learning about gear in my early 20's (early 2000s), I'd be on for 16 weeks from August camp through end of season in November. Then I would PCT. Then I'd run a shorter spring cycle, and then I would PCT and take a break and hop back on a few weeks before camp.

I started the 8 week on 8 week off thing after college. I came off for a few years completely in my late 20s and ran a traditional PCT. Seemed to work fine. No issues outside of losing the look. I got the itch to go back on when I started Powerlifting seriously around age 30. Could never really recover when I went back on, so I started blast and cruise, and got on Dr prescribed trt back when I was 35.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Before I was on TRT I'd typically do 1 or 2 12-14 week cycles per year with a strong PCT after each. (4-5 weeks clomid/Nolvadex and 10,000iu HCG) These days I blast for 10-12 weeks by doubling my test, adding in a nandrolone and an oral. Then its back to TRT for a few months. I'm 45 and wont ever be coming off completely.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Everyone is different, no one can tell you precisely the time you need to take off. You are overthinking all of this.

Looks like @Wallyd had it right with get blood work done. That's the only way you going to know if you want to push it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic