Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
You get a good safe natural diuretic effect from loading vitamin C . Make sure you have it in divided doses and start with 3g on Mon , 4 on Tues , 6 on Weds and 10 g on Thursday and Friday . For bodybuilding you take the 10 g the day of the show and the day before so you might have to adjust according to when you weigh in .

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
This thread should be a sticky.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You get a good safe natural diuretic effect from loading vitamin C . Make sure you have it in divided doses and start with 3g on Mon , 4 on Tues , 6 on Weds and 10 g on Thursday and Friday . For bodybuilding you take the 10 g the day of the show and the day before so you might have to adjust according to when you weigh in .

You can also take dandelion root. That is one that many Oly lifters take b/c it's very mild and isn't banned.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
You can also take dandelion root. That is one that many Oly lifters take b/c it's very mild and isn't banned.

2G of Dandelion root will strip a lot of water off you...

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The OPs regimen is pretty much what we do.... but we use dandelion root instead of black tea and depending on weight we may stop drinking the day before.

TIP - weigh yourself before bed and upon waking every night to see how much you sweat and fart out at night. Count on half that the last night.

To rehydrate there's some crazy urban legend stuff out there, but we use Bounce Back horse electrolytes and creatine if it's 10lbs or under. If it's more than ten or if the lifter just wants to, we'll sometimes just have someone run an IV.
Food the day before ( after weigh ins) should be salty and carby. Pizza, chinese food, chips, and chocolate milk all work......

With that said, unless you're looking to break records or hunt down a top 10 spot it's not worth cutting more than 2 or 3 lbs. Seriously.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The OPs regimen is pretty much what we do.... but we use dandelion root instead of black tea and depending on weight we may stop drinking the day before.

TIP - weigh yourself before bed and upon waking every night to see how much you sweat and fart out at night. Count on half that the last night.

To rehydrate there's some crazy urban legend stuff out there, but we use Bounce Back horse electrolytes and creatine if it's 10lbs or under. If it's more than ten or if the lifter just wants to, we'll sometimes just have someone run an IV.
Food the day before ( after weigh ins) should be salty and carby. Pizza, chinese food, chips, and chocolate milk all work......

With that said, unless you're looking to break records or hunt down a top 10 spot it's not worth cutting more than 2 or 3 lbs. Seriously.
When I did my first meet I got some advice from admin...

Beef jerky, salt and vinegar chips and 2 gallons of water. I swear I put on like 18lbs from that.

Didn't think of the creatine though. Good idea.
SAD isn't there something like glycerine or glycerol or something you can rehydrate with?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
this is an interesting thread. I suppose if you know well how your body responds, this can work well. I guess I'd be concerned that I would screw it up, and end up depleting myself and adversely affecting my lifts, just to make weight. I know some of the BBers with a lot of experience will manipulate their weight to be in a specific weight class (I remember Little Mags telling me some of the stuff he would do), but I wonder for the one guy it helped if there were 10 other guys who royally messed themselves up and spoiled 16-20 weeks of hard work.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Great info in here. I know about the premise of different avenues to cut weight, and a few tricks, but I defer my lifters that cut weight to another lifter I know who has pretty much mastered THE CUT. When it comes to rehydrating, I figured out some cool things. IVs are king, but even an IV can't do what some of these things can.

Need:
#1- Glycerin(e) --- Not glycerol or suppository form, but food grade glycerin(e) from Walmart or some (few) drug stores.
#2- Raw organic coconut water --- Harmless Harvest makes the best. Better than pedialyte by far. Same mineral balance as plasma. If it doesn't have to be refrigerated at all times, and doesn't expire with 120 days of bottling, then it's not raw and organic. If you just can't find it, another basic high quality coconut water will suffice.
#3- Creatine monohydrate --- As basic as it comes.
#4- Water/ample food.

Optional:
Insulin

After weigh-ins, mix 1 teaspoon of glycerin and 1g of creatine, with every 8oz. of coconut water. The Harmless Harvest brand comes in 8oz or 16oz bottles. Over the course of the remainder of the day, you will drink a gallon of coconut water mixed at the ratio of 1tsp/8oz of glycerin and 1g/8oz of creatine. It's easiest to just put 16g of creatine and 16 teaspoons of glycerin, in an empty gallon jug and then fill it with the coconut water. Have another gallon of regular water and mix consumption until you can time finishing the coconut water gallon about 2 hours before bed. Eat excessively during this time as well.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

So true, too many weight cutters not even with an elite total.

We have a female on IV today for tomorrows meet but she has World Records and sponsors, huge difference!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I'm not in the hunt for any world records, but I've done a few meets now. I cut 10lbs to weigh in at 220.4 today using the protocol above.

Using SAD's drink mix, gallon of water and an enormous amount of food, I'm feeling great at 233 right now and checking my bag for tomorrow. I've cut some weight for all of my meets, but I'm really liking sads coconut water mix.

Cutting small amounts of weight properly isn't that big of a deal if done properly. I'm not talking about a 20lb cut. Every wrestler in high school cuts weight and most of them aren't elite.

I'm just not going to do as well in the 242 class lifting at 230 as I will in 220. I don't care if the meet is in some Hick's barn, or the GPC worlds, I'd be kidding myself if I said i didn't want to give myself the best shot to win.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I'm not in the hunt for any world records, but I've done a few meets now. I cut 10lbs to weigh in at 220.4 today using the protocol above.

Using SAD's drink mix, gallon of water and an enormous amount of food, I'm feeling great at 233 right now and checking my bag for tomorrow. I've cut some weight for all of my meets, but I'm really liking sads coconut water mix.

Cutting small amounts of weight properly isn't that big of a deal if done properly. I'm not talking about a 20lb cut. Every wrestler in high school cuts weight and most of them aren't elite.

I'm just not going to do as well in the 242 class lifting at 230 as I will in 220. I don't care if the meet is in some Hick's barn, or the GPC worlds, I'd be kidding myself if I said i didn't want to give myself the best shot to win.

I agree. I learned to cut early on when I lifted against a guy that had me by 18 pounds. Competitors do what they have to do to be competitive. A meet isn't meant to be an official diary of your personal records. It's a competition. I am there to win.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

I agree. I learned to cut early on when I lifted against a guy that had me by 18 pounds. Competitors do what they have to do to be competitive. A meet isn't meant to be an official diary of your personal records. It's a competition. I am there to win.

I can respect this!

For me I guess I'm just happy to be able to compete again after 3 years of BS, losing about 50lbs at one point and injuries.

I was real close to getting an Elite total and lost it all having to start all over again, getting back what I already once had and more at a lighter weight sucks I would rather have been able to just keep on going.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic