Rolanalon
What's New?

Cutting Diet Take 2

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi, am needing some help cutting again
My first attempt at cutting turned into more body recomp, I added about 3 pounds and lost an inch from my lower abs. But have hit a wall again, now am less focused on abs and more on cutting fat overall. I have made some real good gains and my strength is still going strong. What I really want now is to get ripped, stay strong and increase endurance and speed. Not competing (never say never).

My diet as of the last five months

1 - Oats and milk, sometimes 1 slice of toast and peanut butter
2 -1/2 Chicken Breast - 100g cooked Brown Rice
3- 1/2 Chicken Breast - 100g cooked Brown Rice
4 -2 Egg Omlette
5-Meat/Fish, lots of veg sometimes carbs
6 Cottage Cheese - sometimes small chocolate or yoghurt/glass of wine

Last month started having a handful of nuts and dried fruit to eat during day, but have ditched this as felt the fruit was giving too much sugar and I sit at a desk all day so was taking in too many extra calories, plus i have dropped the carbs from meal 3. Dont feel like I miss the carbs.

Am currently doing 1 week bulk low reps and heavy weight and then 3 weeks moderate weight high reps on rotation. Have upped cardio and full body exercises such as 180 jump squats and incorparated yoga at the end for stretching and flexibility. Am currently on week 3 off this type of training. Have done 1 week bulk and am starting 3rd week high reps then next week will be bulk again.

Thinking wether to drop more carbs and be more strict on the treats at meal 6

How long can fat loss take to start happening, am planning another cycle in 4 weeks to help with this but want to be on the right track first.

Thanks for any advice

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Dont forget...recomping is losing body fat and just replacing it with muscle, so even if the scale isnt moving you are losing at if your measurements are changing. If you arent losing weight or recomping, you need to reevaluate your bmr and make sure your calories are at a deficit if you are intent on losing bf. If your bf is less than 25% I recommend checking out Lyle Mcdonalds ultimate diet 2.0...its an awesome way yo lose bodyfat and keep your muscle.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Even easier...you could hire nutnut...he is an awesome diet coach

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for you help, I think I am body recomping cos have muscles appearing slowly, my upper belly lots better, I think I just get used to it quickly as its slow going. I think I will measure at the end of this week as will have completed four weeks of my new training Plan, I gather I should of had some change by then, I am finding the moderate weight and high reps really hard work so am at the right intensity.

Have felt a slightly hungry without the nuts and fruit, when cutting are you supposed to feel a bit hungry but not too much ?
plus I have been thinking about food alot, I think it's all mental as my body doesn't feel hungry and am eating every three hours ??

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for you help, I think I am body recomping cos have muscles appearing slowly, my upper belly lots better, I think I just get used to it quickly as its slow going. I think I will measure at the end of this week as will have completed four weeks of my new training Plan, I gather I should of had some change by then, I am finding the moderate weight and high reps really hard work so am at the right intensity.

Have felt a slightly hungry without the nuts and fruit, when cutting are you supposed to feel a bit hungry but not too much ?
plus I have been thinking about food alot, I think it's all mental as my body doesn't feel hungry and am eating every three hours ??

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Sorry posted that twice on my phone !

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
well, it depends on your diet and your body as to how hungry you will feel. If you are only getting 1200 calories or less then yes...you will be hungry LOL. The more you work out and the harder you work out on a calorie deficit the more hungry (and tired) you will be.

I am not sure of your stats (don't recall), but if you haven't calculated your bmr (basal metabolic rate) then you should...then compare that to your calorie intake...then you will know if your current diet setup is the right amount of calories to get the desired effect of fat loss (remember, fat loss is the goal, not weight loss :)

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Have calculated this before but not since adding a few pounds of muscle over the last few months. So have done it again with my new weight. 5'8 about 165 pounds, coming up to 31.

It came too 2124 - 2395 depending on level of exercise, which I currently do around 3-4 days 1 1/2 each time

I calculated my calories for yesterday which came to about 1500 which included a 200 cal treat

So if I have a good day no treats am around 1300 which is probably too low maybe I should swap 200 cal treat for something a bit better and have it everyday, I do eat a bit more at weekends have one refuel of carbs on a friday nite and none after dinnertime the rest of the week. I really need more veg during the week too. I make up for it at weekends and have more variety.

I did have a quick measure and have seemed to be getting a fraction smaller, its just really slow going and I feel large but fit at the same time. It is hard and my body is stubborn.

It must be very hard work to get to competition ! Can appreciate the work you all put in.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
If you have been dieting at a severe deficit for more than 8 weeks...your metabolism can and usually will slow down. In that case you should take a week or two off diet and eat maintenance to give your metabolism time to recover. When you resume dieting after a break you will notice your plateau shoule break and you will lose better(because your body is burning more).

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Maybe I should try giving my body a break on the week I do heavy low reps and maybe drop the cardio too, will give it a try. I am trying to keep my body on its toes by switching the training round before it gets used to it, will try it with diet for the next few weeks

C

CLAIRE

TID Lady Member
Mar 20, 2012
Well I had a couple of cheat meals with carbs and I actually felt really pumped afterwards and now I look slimmer

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
amazing how that can happen after you have been carb restricted :) love that

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic