Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Currently Drinking

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I don’t drink too awfully much anymore, and especially beer. I favor whiskey and tequila whenever I do, and recently tried Screwball peanut butter whiskey! A good sipping whiskey to go along with some of your favorite chocolate on the side.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I love there beer. I need to see if I can get back there in February for the Pliny the younger release.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Love my IPAs, especially the citrus ones, grapefruit being my favorite. Lots of the local area beers brewed here in south Florida, like Cigar City beers. Calusa Brewery beers. Big Top Brewery.. Motorworks. I try to buy local and rarely drink corporate beer. I'd rather support a family business. Plus, small breweries beer puts the big guys to shame, generally. But I won't turn down a Kona.

I usually keep my beer fridge in the garage stocked with 2 or 3 different IPAs, a porter, a stout or two and 2 or 3 different lagers. Lately I'll get a taste for vodka. 2 shots on the rocks, no water. Stolichnaya.

Beer is nice but at 380lbs it takes a shitload of beer to get anywhere. That's when I'll sneak in a few shots of Stolichnaya to get things moving!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Love my IPAs, especially the citrus ones, grapefruit being my favorite. Lots of the local area beers brewed here in south Florida, like Cigar City beers. Calusa Brewery beers. Big Top Brewery.. Motorworks. I try to buy local and rarely drink corporate beer. I'd rather support a family business. Plus, small breweries beer puts the big guys to shame, generally. But I won't turn down a Kona.

I usually keep my beer fridge in the garage stocked with 2 or 3 different IPAs, a porter, a stout or two and 2 or 3 different lagers. Lately I'll get a taste for vodka. 2 shots on the rocks, no water. Stolichnaya.

Beer is nice but at 380lbs it takes a shitload of beer to get anywhere. That's when I'll sneak in a few shots of Stolichnaya to get things moving!
I have enjoyed the cigar city brews. Also a vodka drinker, I like deep eddy. Lately for sipping though,

Bali Hai Tiki Gold Rum

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Perhaps I'm a beer weenie, but IPAs have been difficult for me to embrace. However, I'm clearly the minority, because every time I go into any bar with a good beer rep, at least 50% of the big sellers appear to be IPAs. I've always found the IPAs to have a strong hoppy taste on the back end, and I prefer the heavy red, brown, amber beers. But I really need to branch out and try the IPAs more, I kinda feel like I'm missing out.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Perhaps I'm a beer weenie, but IPAs have been difficult for me to embrace. However, I'm clearly the minority, because every time I go into any bar with a good beer rep, at least 50% of the big sellers appear to be IPAs. I've always found the IPAs to have a strong hoppy taste on the back end, and I prefer the heavy red, brown, amber beers. But I really need to branch out and try the IPAs more, I kinda feel like I'm missing out.

IPA’s are good, but also not for everyone. The best route is to do a tasting of a good brewery. But starting out you’ll need to adapt your taste buds. Try some blond and pale ales. Also Laguntias Day time and Founders All day IPA are lighter IPA’s that aren’t super hop heavy.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I'm with you, man. There is a very successful and regionally famous microbrewery right next door to my house... and I can't go there anymore. Way too much hops for my liking.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've seen some beers labelled as "double IPAs." What does that typically mean?

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I've seen some beers labelled as "double IPAs." What does that typically mean?

Double IPAs mean even more hops. As much as I love IPAs some double IPAs are too hoppy for me. Usually I can tell by the alcohol count. Some of these double IPAs and triple IPAs are 10-15% alcohol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic