Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Currently Drinking

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Anyone have a suggestion for a bottle of bourbon in the $30 range? It's a gift for a friend that just moved to USA. I typically drank Basil Hayden but I'm not sure if there is anything better in that range.

Slic.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I would just get the basil Hayden, you already know it’s good! I got a bottle of Bullet for Christmas, it’s good too.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyone have a suggestion for a bottle of bourbon in the $30 range? It's a gift for a friend that just moved to USA. I typically drank Basil Hayden but I'm not sure if there is anything better in that range.

Slic.
Wild Turkey 101
Old Granddad 114 proof
Elijah Craig
Buffalo Trace
Weller Special Reserve - if you can find it
Old Tub
Jim Beam Black

Basil Hayden's sucks, don't waste your money.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Wild Turkey 101
Old Granddad 114 proof
Elijah Craig
Buffalo Trace
Weller Special Reserve - if you can find it
Old Tub
Jim Beam Black

i Need to try some of those.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
That is the worst gin I have ever tasted, you can't even mix the shit out of it to make it taste good.

Hmm... I think it tasted a bit like Hendricks. Well, I suppose no one should buy any gin on my recommendation! LOL

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I would have to agree. Someone was telling me how great it was, and I was very disappointed.
I wasn't wowed by Jim Beam Black either. Wasn't bad, but it didn't seem any different than the regular Jim Beam.

One cheap bourbon that I think is reasonably good is Rebel Yell.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
New Belgium voodoo ranger has been my go to lately

their Hazy IPA isnt bad either.. better than most beers you can find at the local stores that dont specialize in unique beers.. I like them aswell. it sucks to like good beers.. as most normal beers are disapointing.. lol

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
That is the worst gin I have ever tasted, you can't even mix the shit out of it to make it taste good.

Holy shit that bad?......LMAO.. I guess we know what Tommy is going to send you now...

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
their Hazy IPA isnt bad either.. better than most beers you can find at the local stores that dont specialize in unique beers.. I like them aswell. it sucks to like good beers.. as most normal beers are disapointing.. lol
Thankfully I have my share of local microbreweries. I'm definitely looking forward to trying Sam Adam's new hazy ipa

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic