Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Current pic, week and a half out from show.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Looking solid man. What weight will you be getting to for the show? Which class are you competing in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Looking solid man. What weight will you be getting to for the show? Which class are you competing in?

Thanks man. Ok so here's the deal. I was at 204.8 as of Sunday morning, might get down to 200 or less. I am doing the Masters 50+ Division. I am 53 now, 54 in November. This is the only show I am doing. I got involved in, and have been doing, Dorian Yates' DY Academy since he started it in July 2020. I was a whopping 255 back then, got back into shape for a few reasons, mainly to be around for my wife and kids...had kids later in life, they are 11 7 10 now...and didn't wanna be the Dad who couldn't do anything because I was out of shape.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Fantastic! Good luck. You got great separation going on. You gonna look huge on stage.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Fantastic! Good luck. You got great separation going on. You gonna look huge on stage.
Thanks man, I hope so. I been getting posing lessson's from a guy near me who took 1st and Overall at his comp two weeks ago, he is a kid but huge. The ONLY reason I am doing this show is because during one of my video check in's with Dorain he was all "fuck mate, you look good enough to enter a show if you wanted." and it didn't hit me till about 2 hours later and I was all, "wait, what?" So I said fuck it, let's do it and he and I started working on it.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks man. Ok so here's the deal. I was at 204.8 as of Sunday morning, might get down to 200 or less. I am doing the Masters 50+ Division. I am 53 now, 54 in November. This is the only show I am doing. I got involved in, and have been doing, Dorian Yates' DY Academy since he started it in July 2020. I was a whopping 255 back then, got back into shape for a few reasons, mainly to be around for my wife and kids...had kids later in life, they are 11 7 10 now...and didn't wanna be the Dad who couldn't do anything because I was out of shape.

Hell yeah, good stuff. Especially changing your health for the family. Longevity is more important than anything. I bet that DY academy is cool as hell. He was one of the best. Congrats on your progress so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Hell yeah, good stuff. Especially changing your health for the family. Longevity is more important than anything. I bet that DY academy is cool as hell. He was one of the best. Congrats on your progress so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

It is, I was on the middle plan. I will say though the last month has been disappointing as I have not heard from him, I know he is doing engagements and posting on social media but when I check in on the app he hasn't been responding. It would not stop me from recommending the program though as I have benefitted immensely from it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Looking awesome! I would not let him not responding get you down. Sometimes they don't respond if everything looks like it is tracking when they get busy.

You say you were 204.8 as of Sunday morning and the show is the 30th. Better to be a monster light heavy weight than a small heavy weight.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Looking awesome! I would not let him not responding get you down. Sometimes they don't respond if everything looks like it is tracking when they get busy.

You say you were 204.8 as of Sunday morning and the show is the 30th. Better to be a monster light heavy weight than a small heavy weight.
Yea the Division I am in is for guys 50 and over and no weight limit so we will see how it goes. I just hope to do well and honestly have no idea where I will place, if at all and even if I don't I can say "I did it."

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022

I mean I know he is busy and all but up until a month ago, he always responded, pretty quickly actually either through the apps chat or sending a vid message and we were doing monthly Skype vid calls to track progress.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Here are a few recent pics going back a few weeks.

Attachments

• AEIK1042.JPG
    AEIK1042.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 18
  • GIAD6016.JPG
    GIAD6016.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 17
  • HRKZ8748.JPG
    HRKZ8748.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG