Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cultural Appropriation

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Why is it ok for them to use it but we can’t? Why can they use it to characterize blacks, whites & who knows who else? Is it not just a black thing? If not why do they take such offense to it? Not being an ass but seriously think about this. I just watched a video where a group of blacks called a bunch of white cops the n word as well as black cops & the other bystanders. Which were all black. So is it bi-racial?
I don't know Wally, but that rapper Tekashi69 uses it in his songs, never gets beef over it and he is Puerto Rican/Mexican dude!!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Why is it ok for them to use it but we can’t? Why can they use it to characterize blacks, whites & who knows who else? Is it not just a black thing? If not why do they take such offense to it? Not being an ass but seriously think about this. I just watched a video where a group of blacks called a bunch of white cops the n word as well as black cops & the other bystanders. Which were all black. So is it bi-racial?

Why not just avoid using it? You know they are going to be pissed if you say it, and they won't be pissed if their buddy says it. So don't intentionally try to piss somebody off. That's my view.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
It's just stupid really. I get where your coming from but your not going to find a reasonable answer to that question. It's a question that's been asked for years.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
I don't know Wally, but that rapper Tekashi69 uses it in his songs, never gets beef over it and he is Puerto Rican/Mexican dude!!

He doesn’t have white privilege. So he gets a pass.

Emenem never used it. He had white privilege growing up in his trailer park home.

White privilege also helped him become one of the most prolific rap artists in the world.......but mostly thanks to him culturally appropriating it from others.

He should make reparations and pay them to Dr. Dre.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
White privilege is nonsense.

Anyone who wants to make generalizations about an entire group of people based on the color of their skin is a ______. Hmmm... we used to have a word for those people.

It's funny, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would get run out of town these days.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
White privilege is nonsense.

Anyone who wants to make generalizations about an entire group of people based on the color of their skin is a ______. Hmmm... we used to have a word for those people.

It's funny, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would get run out of town these days.

Was thinking the same thing, TG2!...

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Riddle me this. If white privilege is so great then why are asians and east indians the highest income earners consistently year after year?

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Riddle me this. If white privilege is so great then why are asians and east indians the highest income earners consistently year after year?

Because they work harder than everyone else and don’t care about happiness, only success?

And because of Asian privilege!

If I was Asian I would have made something of my life. But I’m white, so I just ensure black people are worse off than me.

We reward hard working Asian studens by requiring they get an average of 50 extra points on the SATs to be considered equal to whites who (all else being equal) scored 50 less pointo.

It’s not fair to others that they work so hard.

You know the guy at work that makes you look like a lazy bum compared to him? That’s Asians. Screw those guys.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I confess BLM makes feel really bad about my “beauty privileges” as well. I get better service, grades and opportunities as one of the beautiful people and you ugly motherfuckers get my scraps. I once thought about scarring myself up with a box cutter to level the playing field...but I have an obligation to all of you to remain breathtaking at the same time. The guilt keeps me awake some nights.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I confess BLM makes feel really bad about my “beauty privileges” as well. I get better service, grades and opportunities as one of the beautiful people and you ugly motherfuckers get my scraps. I once thought about scarring myself up with a box cutter to level the playing field...but I have an obligation to all of you to remain breathtaking at the same time. The guilt keeps me awake some nights.

Keep posting those Instagram selfies bro! You have an obligation as a pretty person to do so.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

Are u dropping the eye shadow?...

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Why not just avoid using it? You know they are going to be pissed if you say it, and they won't be pissed if their buddy says it. So don't intentionally try to piss somebody off. That's my view.

I really don’t use it to be honest. I was more curious what makes it acceptable for them to use it when talking to one another vs me using it when talking to them. I mean if we want to end the racial bs you would think they would just look at me as one man talking to another man. Color shouldn’t matter right? Problem is that doesn’t fit their agenda, some thrive on that drama! They have used it for what 200 years now? Let it go if you want to see it gone.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic