Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Cultural Appropriation

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
"We"? I didn't know Pacific Islanders came up with the "N word". Learn something new everyday.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I cry and hug my BLM pillow every time I hear THAT most horrible word ever.

Because pedophile, rapist, murderer, looter and arsonist are just words.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
My post had everything to do with the absurdity of cultural appropriation and almost nothing to do with the word nigger;)

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Why is it ok for them to use it but we can’t? Why can they use it to characterize blacks, whites & who knows who else? Is it not just a black thing? If not why do they take such offense to it? Not being an ass but seriously think about this. I just watched a video where a group of blacks called a bunch of white cops the n word as well as black cops & the other bystanders. Which were all black. So is it bi-racial?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Been a while since my kids were kids, but I still look at the world through the eyes of a young parent now and then. I gave up wondering about the question Wally asks years ago and put it in my Why Ask Why file.

What gets me is how any discussions, oral or written, employ the sugar-coated "N-word" expression instead of what they really mean, and that goes for references to "F-word" or "F bombs" as well.
Who dafuck are they fooling … my guess is any 4yo knows this shit by now. The guy who played Kramer on the Seinfeld show discussed this during a post-Seinfeld stand-up routine a few yrs ago and practically got drummed out of the business ... WTF?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Well when my 7yo can here the N word on Tik Tok all day, is it really his fault that he knows what it means @rawdeal ? I don't use the word so no where else would my kids learn some of these words but Tik Tok and YouTube and not surprisingly most of the posts are by black people. You want to stop the spread of words that hurt you, stop saying them yourself first.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
@ rawdeal never said kids knowing what old timers used to call cuss words was the fault of the kids. What I was aggravated by was the games adults play when they say or write "N-word," or "F-word," etc. Hypocrisy just annoys me, especially when it's meaningless hypocrisy that achieves nothing. I forget what 7yo's are like, but I bet if they're gonna giggle or say "WHOA" when they hear fuck or nigger they will do the same for the cutsey euphemisms we use to protect their tender sensibilities or to clean stuff up for spoken and written communication with other adults.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I was under the impression that the parent is responsible for the child's embellishment of what is right or wrong...Seems like to me, "parenting" has failed at epic proportions...

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
It's sadly a failure on many things. Our educational system for indoctrination of the thought process to question everything and remove most conservative views as well as religion, and it's all about expression and free speech and thought. It's a failure on parenting. Can't spank your kid anymore so there is no physical reinforcement or consequences to their actions.

We hand our kids over to educators who utilize their curriculum to teach our kids their personal views or have been bullied by lawsuits or pressure from the social climate to change how we educate due to changes in laws, policies or etc. Case in point, in the school systems around here, a child with a learning disability or behavior issues would have been removed and provided services away from the class based upon his need. Nowadays, due to lawsuits, lil Johnny is allowed to be integrated into the classroom (usually with an assistant) because if segregate him, lil Johnny feels bad about himself. Don't worry that lil Johnny flips his shit and throws chairs and is disruptive or is unfortunately not able to learn at the pace the rest of the class does. Nope, in fact, the rest of the class will suffer because of this. They will dumb down the curriculum and tolerate his behaviors because the schools fear legal action.

It's crap like this that tells everyone "Hey you get a trophy." This started with the "No Child Left Behind Act" but has gradually morphed into a monster of it's own. Some educational systems don't hand out grades anymore that are based upon the 4.0 system. Why? Because if lil Johnny gets a D, and Suzi gets an A, he will feel bad about himself and have poor self-esteem.

So essentially, the system is making our kids pussies. I'm so sick of it.

There is this reasonable expectation of a handout. Instead of creating the idea of working hard and reaping the benefits, in things such as school work, sports and etc, we pat everyone on the head and give them a gold star. Government programs are no longer set up to help people get on their feet, but now about a way of life and means for income.

When I have to go into the school, a demand why my 9 year old is being questioned why he would vote for Trump, and why his dad is wrong for supporting Trump, it's fucked up. First of all, why are you asking a 9 year old that? Second of all why are you attempting to sway his opinion.

The only way you can change this is make sure you talk to your kids and at minimum, share your values and beliefs, and as they get older, hope the hell they have the option to make a informed decision instead being sheep and just blindly following the flock because nobody said shit because they are scared.

Parents need to stop fearing being labelled as racist because of their views, or fearing push back because someone else gets their feelings hurt because they don't agree with you. America needs a foot in its ass. We have allowed this.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic