Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Crystal Tate 700 raw squat

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I know this will start somewhat of a shitstorm but that squat was high and not to depth. It's an impressive lift but watch it from the front. Steve Goggins posted a vid from the front and it's easy to see it should have been red lighted.

Steve squatted just as high.... lol..... I got in to it with him over this squat..... the side judge posted about it too. Basically that her one hip sits 2" higher than the other so on her good side it looked perfect. They had judges who are USPA, APF, UPA, and WPC certified so it's not some backyard garbage and they all called it good.
Steve was strong, but without magical powers he still can't judge via frontal video..... then he made that post but blocked Crystal, her coach Shaun, and the meet director so none of them could comment. I called him out over that and he went off on a tangent about plates leaning against the monolift..... lol

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Which hip do you use at the criteria to judge her? The "good" hip that sits correctly/lower OR the other which sits 2" higher? I've seen Goggin's 1100 squat and it didn't look that bad but his squat is a good morning/squat lift but that's just my opinion. I've also trained with Goggins and his squats were easily at depth when I had the pleasure of training with him.

Just stating my opinion.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Which hip do you use at the criteria to judge her? The "good" hip that sits correctly/lower OR the other which sits 2" higher? I've seen Goggin's 1100 squat and it didn't look that bad but his squat is a good morning/squat lift but that's just my opinion. I've also trained with Goggins and his squats were easily at depth when I had the pleasure of training with him.

Just stating my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, Goggins is a good guy. We just differ in opinion on this.

When any lifter has crooked hips they usually just count on getting two white lights (since that's what is needed to pass a lift).... One white from the front since they don't judge depth, and one white from their good side hitting depth.
For my lifters who are 1/2" off or so we just call their high side AT parallel to guarantee 2 whites and maybe a 3rd ( not that it matters).... for someone as bad as Crystal's hips are it's different. You just write off the one as always being high and work for 2 white lights.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Don't get me wrong, Goggins is a good guy. We just differ in opinion on this.

When any lifter has crooked hips they usually just count on getting two white lights (since that's what is needed to pass a lift).... One white from the front since they don't judge depth, and one white from their good side hitting depth.
For my lifters who are 1/2" off or so we just call their high side AT parallel to guarantee 2 whites and maybe a 3rd ( not that it matters).... for someone as bad as Crystal's hips are it's different. You just write off the one as always being high and work for 2 white lights.

That's interesting. I didn't even know/notice that hips being off is such a common thing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic