Kiddorism
What's New?

Cryptocurrencies

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I hear you Mac! Since the first of the year, I've lost a truckload of money, at least on paper. Since I'm a long holder, I'm not selling anything. In fact, I'm waiting for the dust to settle, and I've got cash on the sidelines that I'm going to start buying weekly in a dollar-cost-averaging methodology.

But crypto volatility is at a whole other level! LOL

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
If you look at crypto's macro trends over the past years, it seems to correlate much better with the NASDAQ than it does to hedge instruments such as gold. That was a surprise to me.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I think we’re in for a crypto winter or at least I hope so. I’m parked in stable coins and waiting for more downside to start accumulating again.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
9dcc1ccb7fb10632e5d67990c5fa41c5.jpg

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
This directly supports my observation that BTC follows the NASDAQ rather than acting like a hedge, such as gold or others. Tech stocks are presently taking a hard beating, but I think will be coming back over the next several months, as what's driving so much of that revenue, for example, cloud server systems, AI, etc. is structurally sound. I'm still trying to figure out how inflation will affect it. Inflation is generally not good for anything, but it's hard to see in detail the way it destroys wealth. (except for the obvious impacts on buying power)

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
What crypto's you recommend investing in? Axie Infinity was a good one before the crash.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

@Swiper without a doubt, much respect for all that you have accomplished in the gym It goes without saying that you are 100% legit.

But I am beginning to question if your success in the gym represents represents the extent of your talents in life. I cant tell the depths of your intellect or lack thereof, but please tell me you are just not purely an idiot. I like to think that we can dispel some of the notions that guys that lift are just morons.

Here is one picture that shows just how stupid your post is. If you want to take it back and say something like "I enjoy ball busting" or "Just having fun", then great! PLEASE do so as I really dont want to believe you are a moron.

If you actually thought you were making a coherent point....well then my friend, stick to lifting heavy things as that is all you have going for you. (again, you have done that quite well with all due respect)

This is the markets across all sectors of the economy and their respective percentage drops. If you dont see the point here....I would recommend that you bow out of this conversation gracefully without looking like a larger fool.

IPXsnWQ.png

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
@Swiper without a doubt, much respect for all that you have accomplished in the gym It goes without saying that you are 100% legit.

But I am beginning to question if your success in the gym represents represents the extent of your talents in life. I cant tell the depths of your intellect or lack thereof, but please tell me you are just not purely an idiot. I like to think that we can dispel some of the notions that guys that lift are just morons.

Here is one picture that shows just how stupid your post is. If you want to take it back and say something like "I enjoy ball busting" or "Just having fun", then great! PLEASE do so as I really dont want to believe you are a moron.

If you actually thought you were making a coherent point....well then my friend, stick to lifting heavy things as that is all you have going for you. (again, you have done that quite well with all due respect)

This is the markets across all sectors of the economy and their respective percentage drops. If you dont see the point here....I would recommend that you bow out of this conversation gracefully without looking like a larger fool.

IPXsnWQ.png

you have lost your mind. I don’t know what you’re talking about. if you think I think of you when I post you have some serious mental issues you need to deal with along with your ego. sorry, you’re not important to me. i. don’t post things because of you. get that through your head.

it takes a real mental genius to get so defensive and argumentative and question peoples intelligence for posting a price on bitcoin. you seriously need some mental help. your social skills are extremely poor. you think everything you do and say is right and no one could question you. when they do you get all defensive and angry. it shows your true colors and what kind of person you are.

still waiting for that 100K bitcoin you said was coming last year……

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
What crypto's you recommend investing in? Axie Infinity was a good one before the crash.

there’s no doubt you got a lot of choices here because there’s over 10,300 active cryptocurrencies available on the market. good luck hope you choose wisely

Last edited:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
you have lost your mind. I don’t know what you’re talking about. if you think I think of you when I post you have some serious mental issues you need to deal with along with your ego. sorry, you’re not important to me. i. don’t post things because of you. get that through your head.

it takes a real mental genius to get so defensive and argumentative and question peoples intelligence for posting a price on bitcoin. you seriously need some mental help. your social skills are extremely poor. you th
I never asserted that you were directing your comments at me or with me in mind. I was simply saying your comment in general (applied to the backdrop of the entire investment sector) has no validity.

If your purpose of your response is to say ALL investments suck, than sure. But in under the premise that the Crypto maket is heading into the garbage can, I dont think you can say that given recent events. I think you can say the opposite in fact!

Given it's HIGHLY speculative nature, I would have thought crypto markets in general would take a MUCH bigger dip. The Nasdaq is down over 20%! 20%. Growth stocks down 70&. Down tumbles biggest drop in recent history besides beginning of pandemic.

YTD crypto is down .....15%.

Also, metrics on all recent selling, 98% of selling on wallets less than 12 months old. I think we could sink even lower. Frankly I am worried about an entire economic collapse. But I still feel Crypto is a great opportunity.

In fact, I am debating about buying another SIGNIFIGANT portion. It would be a HUGE risk, but frankly I know I will lose 20-40k if I just keep it in cash from inflation alone. Not sure what I am going to do. I dont think any sector is safe right now.

So getting back to the point, in light of all that we are seeing across ALL sectors of the economy. Explain how your post made ANY point.

Last edited:
Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
I never asserted that you were directing your comments at me or with me in mind. I was simply saying your comment in general (applied to the backdrop of the entire investment sector) has no validity.

If your purpose of your response is to say ALL investments suck, than sure. But in under the premise that the Crypto maket is heading into the garbage can, I dont think you can say that given recent events. I think you can say the opposite in fact!

Given it's HIGHLY speculative nature, I would have thought crypto markets in general would take a MUCH bigger dip. The Nasdaq is down over 20%! 20%. Growth stocks down 70&. Down tumbles biggest drop in recent history besides beginning of pandemic.

YTD crypto is down .....15%.

Also, metrics on all recent selling, 98% of selling on wallets less than 12 months old. I think we could sink even lower. Frankly I am worried about an entire economic collapse. But I still feel Crypto is a great opportunity.

In fact, I am debating about buying another SIGNIFIGANT portion. It would be a HUGE risk, but frankly I know I will lose 20-40k if I just keep it in cash from inflation alone. Not sure what I am going to do. I dont think any sector is safe right now.

So getting back to the point, in light of all that we are seeing across ALL sectors of the economy. Explain how your post made ANY point.

bitcoin is down over 50% from its high, no biggie keep sipping on your coffee everything will work out just fine….

my post was to put the price of bitcoin out there for those people who don’t follow it regularly so they could see where it’s at. then I’ll keep posting more prices when it gets below 30k and then when it crashes to 10k.

all the smart money sold between 50k and 69K .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic