Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Crypto

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
How many of you guys are into crypto? Looks like we're in another bull run and huge opportunities to make some money coming soon.

Absolutely! Hit a record of $27K about midnight on the 26th and broke $28K at about 4am to a record I at about $28.6K. Hoping to see $30K by the 1st of the year.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
A friend of mine is all in on xrp I told him to sell when it got close to 90 cents and hop into ethereum. He didn't do it. Maybe they will overcome the lawsuit.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
if you do buy-in, make sure it's decentralized.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
A friend of mine is all in on xrp I told him to sell when it got close to 90 cents and hop into ethereum. He didn't do it. Maybe they will overcome the lawsuit.

I got ether to hedge against future purchase possibilities. not a bad idea when using it for circulation means once the dollar goes digital and purchases become more restrictive.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have been into crypto since I first mined in 2013. I got pretty swept up into it and built a bunch of rigs. Had to add dedicated circuits in my garage to handle the power. I was getting $900/month power bills and my garage was 90 deg in the winter!

Anway, it all went bust and I was sitting on probably a 10k loss. Then in 2017, things ramped up again. I traded all my alts and just brought everything over to BTC and have been sitting.

In 2017, my account peaked at over 6 figures. Never sold it. It went back down and earlier this year, I doubled my BTC with cash. I bought at 8 ,9500, and 12000.

So I am torn since I am now into some fairly significant sums. A 7 figure payoff is not that crazy anymore. My gut says hold long, but I am no longer dealing with insignificant amounts. Not sure what I am going to do....but part of me thinks I will just sit. Pretty sure there will be a big sell-off Q1. Maybe 17-20k range.

old pics
wp14Km3.jpg

NEWcsrY.jpg

Qhttxkr.jpg

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I have been into crypto since I first mined in 2013. I got pretty swept up into it and built a bunch of rigs. Had to add dedicated circuits in my garage to handle the power. I was getting $900/month power bills and my garage was 90 deg in the winter!

Anway, it all went bust and I was sitting on probably a 10k loss. Then in 2017, things ramped up again. I traded all my alts and just brought everything over to BTC and have been sitting.

In 2017, my account peaked at over 6 figures. Never sold it. It went back down and earlier this year, I doubled my BTC with cash. I bought at 8 ,9500, and 12000.

So I am torn since I am now into some fairly significant sums. A 7 figure payoff is not that crazy anymore. My gut says hold long, but I am no longer dealing with insignificant amounts. Not sure what I am going to do....but part of me thinks I will just sit. Pretty sure there will be a big sell-off Q1. Maybe 17-20k range.

old pics
wp14Km3.jpg

Id sit on most of it anyhow. I really think it goes parabolic and runs up over 100k someday maybe higher.

NEWcsrY.jpg

Qhttxkr.jpg

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Definitely take some profits out of that. BTC and ETH are my choice of crypto. My brother convinced me to buy a bunch of XRP - it popped to .60 cents I wish I would have sold. It dropped back to .21 cents

Full disclosure - I am only in the 5 digits as far as my crypto portfolio goes. I trade on Binance.

T

tuffoldman2

Dec 30, 2020
That's a nice miner set up. I used to be pretty keen on IT stuff (networking) but didn't understand how to make that all work.
I have picked up a little but been buying more Eth than BTC.

What's y'alls thought on Litecoin? it's an old coin but haven't seen much going on it until lately

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
LTC was one of the first coins I mined. I also mined VTC, and Doge.

Lee stepped away and it kinda plunged. in 17 I sold my LTC @150 and traded for BTC @7k I think. (3 years ago). LTC went on to peak close to 300. But I made the decision then to put all my duck in the BTC basket.

LTC solves a lot of the issues BTC has for everyday micro transactional use. By many accounts it is the "best" coin to occupy the every dollar slot. I know Lee has been really supporting it's adoption and who will end up # 2 is debatable.

Piking the right Alt coin probably allows the chance of greater gains than will be seen out of BTC, but it is more risky. Like ETH this year as an example. The alts always lack behind BTC, but ones that are showing promise of adoption, will eventually rise greater relative to BTC

I am kinda freaking out passing into significant territory, but I made the decision to still hold. I believe with this I have a chance for one of those big hits. Dont get me wrong....I am at the price it is still significant but things start to get silly. It is crazy though emotionally, seeing swings of 15-20k daily in the account. I need to just stop looking at it for a while. I think I just need to 'go big or go home'. If it tanks to 6k I still get my money back out of it.... But if it hits 100 or 300 it is a pretty good day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic