TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I don't think you were flaming him....just sharing an educated opinion
@RR

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
I have to yolk like that because I'm too small to make a shelf with my arms out at the uprights. It kills my arms, particularly my elbows. Sucks. Im always the smallest competitor.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=leCAlTW--mk

Teach folks to run a yoke with thier arms like that is asking for injury. It may be fine for a light yoke however I've seen people get thier arms broken running it like that. I would expect someone if his caliber to be a bit more cautious with people trusting him

Im no stongmam by any means but, what he explained there made sense. What am i missing? I will say he does have a sense of douchebaggery to him.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I have to yolk like that because I'm too small to make a shelf with my arms out at the uprights. It kills my arms, particularly my elbows. Sucks. Im always the smallest competitor.

What about some tires and/or other what used to be called "caveman training" and skip the yolk if it's causing pain....:(:)((

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011

I totally get that . There are a few I have to do like that as well. There is a video out there with him coaching a guy in yoke and it's even more obvious. I can't,of course , find it.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
What about some tires and/or other what used to be called "caveman training" and skip the yolk if it's causing pain....:(:)((

I do them less often now and have got some elbow sleeves that help somewhat. I've got a state qualifier coming up so have to do some but I've figured out that what I can do, and what happens in comp are fairly different. No need for me to train so heavy basically.
Although that sucks coz moving bigger weights is much more rewarding.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I hope you rock your qualifier.....

Rooting for ya!

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
I totally get that . There are a few I have to do like that as well. There is a video out there with him coaching a guy in yoke and it's even more obvious. I can't,of course , find it.
I've seen his ::shudder:: awful videos as well. I am NOT a seasoned strongwoman but have had the blessing of working with many many killer strongmen (still waiting for a date from RR--but that's gonna happen). I believe he should brand himself as "strongman for crossfit" and be done with it. Strongman is hard enough on the body, add incorrect movements repetively and you have.....crossfit.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I've seen his ::shudder:: awful videos as well. I am NOT a seasoned strongwoman but have had the blessing of working with many many killer strongmen (still waiting for a date from RR--but that's gonna happen). I believe he should brand himself as "strongman for crossfit" and be done with it. Strongman is hard enough on the body, add incorrect movements repetively and you have.....crossfit.

oh gawl..here we go lol

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I'm not so sure on the "crossfit" strongman thing. Maybe strongman could use some help though, IDK.
As mentioned, we call that Yeti here in Oregon and it's pretty awesome. Heavier weights, less conditioning.
I'm thinking of competing in it this winter.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic