What's New?

CrossFit Strongman

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Woo hoooo

STRONGMAN ROAD TRIP HITS CALIFORNIA

Do you want to become more proficient with strongman movements? Join us for our one-day events.

The founder of the CrossFit Strongman movement and Hybrid Athletics, Rob Orlando, and I are renting a truck and heading up the California coast this summer with the hopes of spreading strongman to as many people as possible. The nature of the trip is equal part educational and fun.
Each night, we’ll stop at a new gym for a unique “strongman social” event. The evening will begin with an hourlong strongman clinic. Shortly after, we’ll dive into a mini-CrossFit Strongman event with three fun, scalable workouts. The evening will be capped with a social gathering with tons of coffee fromCaveman Coffee Co. and beer from Nuevo Cerveza.
If you or someone you know lives near any of the tour pit stops, come join us for an approachable evening of strongman movements for men and women of all fitness levels. Here’s a look at the event schedule:
Monday, July 27: CrossFit No Boundaries (San Juan Capistrano)

Tuesday, July 28: CrossFit Long Beach
Wednesday, July 29: West Coast Strength and Conditioning (Ventura)
Thursday, July 30: CrossFit Amundson (Santa Cruz)
Friday, July 31: The Fitness Coalition (Fairfield)
Saturday, August 1: Deuce Gym (Venice Beach)
Sunday, August 2: Code 3 Athletics (Torrance)
Monday, August 3:CrossFit South Bay (Hermosa Beach)
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to take the CrossFit Strongman Trainer Course, we’ll be doing the entire seminar at Deuce Gym in Venice Beach on August 1. Sign up quick!
We hope you join us for this candid, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to try some new movements and socialize with folks in your local fitness community. Contact your local host to reserve your spot!

http://www.theboxmag.com/article/strongman-road-trip-hits-california-10143

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Yeah that would be great if Rob Orlando actually taught strongman correctly. I've seen his vids not impressed he's coaching strongman

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Let me see if I can find his yoke technique video

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=leCAlTW--mk

Teach folks to run a yoke with thier arms like that is asking for injury. It may be fine for a light yoke however I've seen people get thier arms broken running it like that. I would expect someone if his caliber to be a bit more cautious with people trusting him

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks.... I assume that will be all the explanation needed?

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Head really should be more up to keep neck from injury IMO, all in all dude has a pimp facility....

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Yeah that would be great if Rob Orlando actually taught strongman correctly. I've seen his vids not impressed he's coaching strongman

No doubt. Maybe not the best coach but the guy is an animal.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
No doubt. Maybe not the best coach but the guy is an animal.

I completely agree. I wasn't trying to trash him. I just don't think he is the strongman coach he thinks he is and he should stick to what he excels at.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I don't think you were flaming him....just sharing an educated opinion
@RR

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic