Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Crossfit and Bodybuilding

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Are we really arguing this ? Each to their own .
It's certainly better than doing nothing .
I'm not a fan of how it has changed some of the local strongman Competitions but it sure has increased our numbers.
We have a ton of CF folks trying out strongman.
And a few strongmen and women do CF.
Scott porter and maya winters are both great strong folk and pretty sure they are holding their own.
I don't understand the hatred.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Are we really arguing this ? Each to their own .
It's certainly better than doing nothing .
I'm not a fan of how it has changed some of the local strongman Competitions but it sure has increased our numbers.
We have a ton of CF folks trying out strongman.
And a few strongmen and women do CF.
Scott porter and maya winters are both great strong folk and pretty sure they are holding their own.
I don't understand the hatred.

I don't either RR.

I think its just a lot of busting chops going on.

Also, IF, I remember correctly, I think one of the competitors at this years cf games is also a strong man competitor.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Bodybuilders on the interwebz perception about CF is a bunch of bullshit with jumping jacks, crappy form, throwing weights,
broken backs, etc.

Reality is this:

Yesterday's workout

250# power cleans x 10
1000m Row
185# snatches x 6
19 pull ups
8 muscle ups
6 handstand push ups
for time 16:42

That was for my friend's birthday 10/16/1986

Evening (yes I did two workouts)
1 mile trail run
2000m row
1 mile trail run
for time 27:17

Most of the time I do those workouts with a 25# vest.

I know you're jacked as shit RedNeck but put the piss poor form aside because that's the exception.
Reality is there's some bad mother****ers tearing shit up with good form.

I'm not going to go watch a pee wee football game and say the problem with football is
shitty plays and missed tackles. Reality is, that's not football, that's kids learning the sport.
When you want to talk football, you almost always talk about college or pro.

This I don't get. You saying you can power clean 250 lbs for 10 reps at like 170 lbs BW? Then you should be training for the Olympic games because that is a 400 lb clean and jerk with about 6 months work in the right gym. If you're going that with a bunch of cross fitters you are wasting your time.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This I don't get. You saying you can power clean 250 lbs for 10 reps at like 170 lbs BW? Then you should be training for the Olympic games because that is a 400 lb clean and jerk with about 6 months work in the right gym. If you're going that with a bunch of cross fitters you are wasting your time.

No, that doesn't mean he could C&J 182.5kg in a couple of months. Don't know where you got that from but that's not the case.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013

10 reps total. All singles

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Still impressive sir.

Nice work.

I'd like to try cleans one day.

You wouldn't be able to properly perform them in a franchise gym and you need coaching. If you start the lift wrong, you'll never finish it correctly. It's not like PLing where you can grind through a lift or correct it as you go.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
You wouldn't be able to properly perform them in a franchise gym and you need coaching. If you start the lift wrong, you'll never finish it correctly. It's not like PLing where you can grind through a lift or correct it as you go.

Yea I wouldn't even try it in a commercial gym.

Seems like you need a lot more room.

Maybe one day.

G

Geisha

May 4, 2014
Love CFing /PLing /SM/and OLY. All awesome, and all are functional.
untitled.jpg

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Honestly dude, i could really give a **** how you work out or what your goals are or if you believe in god or the tooth fairy. I just like to play "devil's advocate" for the sake of a good intellectual debate.
You have always taken a lotta ball breaking for crossfit around here and for the most part you've been a good sport about it. You also haven't given in to it or changed your tune about it. You still stand by your preferred style of training and you still keep an up to date log. I respect that.
I'm still gonna break balls but it's all in jest for me. I mean no malice. Do your thing

Last edited:
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Honestly dude, i could really give a **** how you work out or what your goals are or if you believe in god or the tooth fairy. I just like to play "devil's advocate" for the sake of a good intellectual debate.
You have always taken a lotta ball breaking for crossfit around here and for the most part you've been a good sport about it. You also haven't given in to it or changed your tune about it. You still stand by your preferred style of training and you still keep an up to date log. I respect that.
I'm still gonna break balls but it's all in jest for me. I mean no malice. Do your thing

Getting soft in your old age. Or.....you're converting. Must be the versace's.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013

For sure. It's all good. The thing about it is it makes me cringe at times because I've been on both sides. I was a respected member back in the anabolex days because I was a "bodybuilder". Now I'm more strength/endurance based and I'm somehow perceived as being a fool doing jumping jacks, flopping around the gym floor haha. In reality, that's not the case at all. The negative stigma associated with "crossfit" sucks online, but at the gym, we're doing what a lot of old schoolers loathe for. i.e. a warehouse gym with mostly bars and plates, lifting heavy ass weight and camaraderie. Because our group of 4 or 5 guys are competitors, we have a key and can go in and lift any time we want. It's great. Nobody else is in there, we have the Lamb of God station blasting and are just getting after it. I think if guys saw that side of it, their perceptions
would be different. My gf at 135lbs is repping squats over 2 bills and very close to DL'ing 3. I don't care what gym you're in, that's solid.
Capture3.jpg

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic