Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Crohn's and lifting

G

Gmann50

Dec 5, 2018
Have had Crohn's for a couple years now and really have a hard time gaining weight. I also have bad joint and tendonitis problems. I am getting very discouraged doctor wants to put me on Humira just wondering if anyone has experience with it and gear or if it has helped anyone.
Thanks

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Crohn's is a difficult gut disease. I can't speak to the sides or counter-effect with using Humira and AAS but IF at all possible try to get your Crohn's under control with your diet. There are so many foods you need to avoid to lessen the severity of the pain and discomfort. My bother has lived with it for almost 35 years, he got it when he was in the Navy and no one really knew much about it and all they gave him was high doses of Prednisone to lower inflammation in his bowels. He fought with the disease for years and did not follow a diet that kept him from hurting. He ended up with 23" of his intestines cut out in emergency surgery because strictures caused a tear. All the years of prednisone has put him practically in a wheelchair because it ate away all the bone mass in his hips.

G

Gmann50

Dec 5, 2018
Crohn's is a difficult gut disease. I can't speak to the sides or counter-effect with using Humira and AAS but IF at all possible try to get your Crohn's under control with your diet. There are so many foods you need to avoid to lessen the severity of the pain and discomfort. My bother has lived with it for almost 35 years, he got it when he was in the Navy and no one really knew much about it and all they gave him was high doses of Prednisone to lower inflammation in his bowels. He fought with the disease for years and did not follow a diet that kept him from hurting. He ended up with 23" of his intestines cut out in emergency surgery because strictures caused a tear. All the years of prednisone has put him practically in a wheelchair because it ate away all the bone mass in his hips.
My Crohn's is controlled with just diet (chicken and rice) got off all the crappy pills they give feel better mostly just the joints and the tendonitis is terrible. Really would like to get it under control without the Humira but not many options anymore. Just very frustrating thanks for the reply.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
That's good that you have it under control that well. Is a very tough disease which diet controls a big part of it. My brother is a big pussy and has never lifted weights in his life so can't really help much as far as that goes I apologize for that. I hate taking any type of drug that I don't have to because they all have side effects. I would rather push my way through and get the best that I can do with what I have then have to take a drug that is going to have a detrimental effect on other parts of my health if I don't have to

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic