Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Creatine

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I used to take creatine years ago, and got decent results from it.

Around 2000, I started taking steroids, which were much more effective. I still take occasional creatine when it comes as part of an energy drink (like Bang) or in a preworkout (like C4), but whenever I want to add strength or size, I turn to steroids instead.

My 14-year old son goes to the gym with me. He is making great gains, and he is really getting into it. I know at his age, his natural testosterone is through the roof, and I am trying to educate him on taking advantage of that. I was looking at getting some creatine for him, and I was disappointed to see that it was not recommended for people under the age of 18.

But what about me? If I am taking steroids (usually a tren and test mix), should I still consider creatine? If so, when? Should I take creatine during my 10-week cycle or during my 10-weeks off?

I'd like to hear your experiences, good or bad, about taking creating with steroids or if you think it is or is not a good idea for me.

What about my 14-year old? He will NOT be taking steroids (at least not from me) until he is at least 25, but could he safely be taking creatine at 14?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'll run creatine off cycle but not on. Some guys like it on cycle but I could never tell of any benefits.

As far as your son, I wasn't sure so I looked it up and saw it was ok and also saw it was not ok. Perhaps someone can give a little more incite on the under 18.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
From what I remember researching creatine is is one of the few supplements that's been clinically tested on humans all the way down to NEW BORNS and shown to be safe and also beneficial to even for people to don't lift weights. Sorry don't have any links saved.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Seems like the downside of taking Creatine during a cycle is that whatever benefit it might provide would be so dwarfed by the steroid(s) that you'd never really have an answer to the question about your own Creatine use.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I've heard of studies that show a positive benefit to brain function from creatine for anyone. But as stated, in lifting, the advantages of creatine are greatly overshadowed by AAS, but it are still there. Are there even any downsides to creatine supplementation, other than possibly bloat?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I have hazy memories of back when Bill Phillips began pushing Creatine on his way to his first $Million. Think he advised 5mg* as a sustainable dose but around 25mg* as a frontload when you began use ... with the warning this might cause a messy rear unload sometimes. Also remember him suggesting grape juice as a delivery system, which might get us back to that insulin spike theory for maximizing the effect.

* was it milligrams or grams? ... I'm more used to aas-speak since my MetRx days ..........

Last edited:
jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I've heard of studies that show a positive benefit to brain function from creatine for anyone. But as stated, in lifting, the advantages of creatine are greatly overshadowed by AAS, but it are still there. Are there even any downsides to creatine supplementation, other than possibly bloat?
Now that my son is working out with me on a regular basis, I think he's going to see a fast change in my physique and strength when I start my next 10-week cycle. If I can get him on Creatine, I can say that I'm doing it too, and maybe he can see some changes in himself at the same time. That's my reason for wanting to give him the creatine, anyway. I'd rather not tell him that his dad is juicing.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I have hazy memories of back when Bill Phillips began pushing Creatine on his way to his first $Million. Think he advised 5mg* as a sustainable dose but around 25mg* as a frontload when you began use ... with the warning this might cause a messy rear unload sometimes. Also remember him suggesting grape juice as a delivery system, which might get us back to that insulin spike theory for maximizing the effect.

* was it milligrams or grams? ... I'm more used to aas-speak since my MetRx days ..........
Yeah, I think it's 5 grams. Milligrams is what is in the AAS bottle. lol

MetRx is still decent. Their original formula is available still on Amazon. I get it sometimes, but that stuff is thick and doesn't mix up as well in a shaker cup as modern drink mixes do.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

All of your memories are correct, I have found it does work well for me ESP if I am using VAR in my cycle.
no frontload required anymore as these creatines are not the same as they had back then.
The Grape juice thing MAY actually be better and I did use it back in the 90's and ruined some carpeting with it as well.....
but really is not needed IMO.

To the OP: if your kid is eating Steaks etc then he is getting exogeneous creatine so fuck it, these same morons are gojng to force an experimental phony vaccine on your whole family and proclaim it is good and safe so listen to them if you wish but I would give my son creatine myself.
I do not advise giving your son more male hormones either, albeit I also don't condone getting your teenage daughter on Estrogen for clearer skin or birth control if that applies to you.
Adding addl. hormones to youngsters does seem to fuck them up in the long run regardless of male or female.
Cheers

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
the advantages of creatine are greatly overshadowed by AAS, but it are still there.
THIS^
See the creatine as another nutrient to add to the mix..... You bump up your protein beyond a regular diet to increase muscle gains and don't see it as a waste when adding steroids to the mix because they work together better than either alone. Same when adding creatine, it enhances whats already going on.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
If memory serves me well in my old age I believe a high School athlete over used creatine back in the produsts early days and died. Cutting weight for a wrestling match and using crazy amounts of Creatine wasn't wise. Under aged users using the product without knowing what they were doing caused the current recommendation imo. Creatine @ 5mg per day will not hurt anyone.

In so far as it's usage on cycle? Absolutley adds a bit of power and volume to your muscle (water retention) no matter what your running. With that in mind I wouldn't use when cutting but otherwise GTG.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
If memory serves me well in my old age I believe a high School athlete over used creatine back in the produsts early days and died. Cutting weight for a wrestling match and using crazy amounts of Creatine wasn't wise. Under aged users using the product without knowing what they were doing caused the current recommendation imo. Creatine @ 5mg per day will not hurt anyone.

In so far as it's usage on cycle? Absolutley adds a bit of power and volume to your muscle (water retention) no matter what your running. With that in mind I wouldn't use when cutting but otherwise GTG.
That makes sense.

I don't know if I ever said, but my main reason for wanting him to have Creatine is so that he is seeing some growth while I'm having growth on the steroids. I wouldn't want him to lose interest because dad told him he wasn't old enough for Creatine while I'm next to him attributing all of my gains to it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic