Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Creatine

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I am not a bodybuilder but I lift casually like 3 times a week for 30 mins each session.
How much and when should I take Creatine?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
5-10 grams per day is good, and after awhile, you could just leave it at 5 grams per day once stores have been saturated. You could load with higher doses quicker if you wanted, but it is not needed. I usually take 5 grams on non-training days, and 10-grams on training days. I use standard monohydrate creatine....actually Creapure from True Nutrition.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Not sure I'd bother bro. 3 days @ a half hour each? Why use creatine? Just curious...

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Not sure I'd bother bro. 3 days @ a half hour each? Why use creatine? Just curious...
I was just curious if it would help some. I can do 4x a week too.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
5G pd whether lifting or not. Im never too concerned about the timing, I through it in my smoothie or protein shake.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
Some people don't respond well to creatine and others get nasty gut issues from it. I'm one of those unlucky few that gets upset stomach from the stuff.

The other guys have it right, play around with it a bit until you find the sweet spot. Our bodies absorb creatine through eating red meat and fish also so you may want to start low and work your way up to find the sweet spot. There's an upper limit after which most people will start to experience stomach problems but those will go away once you drop the dose.

As for when? Before a workout is fine.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
5mg per day.
Take it. It has many other benefits out side just meat head reasons. Its now being shown to have positive effects on the brain and cognitive function, positive impacts on the heart and heart health and being shown to have mitochondrial protective properties.
So I see not reason joe blow wouldnt take it not to mention the light lifter.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic