Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Creatine dosage

G

gudgy66

Jan 20, 2013
What's the best dosage and timing plan for using creatine.

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
5g an hour before workout and drink plenty of water ;)

T

thenextbigthing

Sep 9, 2012
5g an hour before workout and drink plenty of water ;)

what about off days? I heard one theory on here about loading for 2 weeks then backing off then going at a high dose again. sort of like a blast and cruise

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
what about off days? I heard one theory on here about loading for 2 weeks then backing off then going at a high dose again. sort of like a blast and cruise

Its not steroids, you don't blast and cruise. Just take 5g pre and 5g post. No need to ever stop taking it. 10g isn't gonna hurt your kidneys unless you've already got some kind of serious kidney damage.

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
All depends on your weight really, heavier you are the more you can utilise but you can't go wrong with 5-10g a day during your maintenance phase, i like 5g before and 5g after but if i take 5, usually take it afterwards (personal preference)

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
A just use 5g am fine and solid lol :) bigger than podski

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010

No need to load. There have been many studies on groups that load and groups that don't and after a month the levels were pretty much the same. The load phase that a lot of companies use is just to get you through your first jug quicker then to have to buy more IMO.

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012

I personally load at 20g a day for 5 days then drop the dosage, just to get it working quicker but I couldn't see the point in doing it for 2 week as you wouldn't need it and probably just piss the excess it out!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Just take 5-10g consistently every day, it's actually good for long term health (brain/cognitive function, protection against CV disease) as well as the obvious benefits everyone knows about.

Kidney health? Nothing to worry about there if you drink plenty of water
Stomach issues? Use micronised creatine or Kre Alkalyn instead of regular monohydrate
High creatinine levels? Come off it for a few weeks, make sure you remain well hydrated and chances are you will be fine when you get rechecked

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I actually mix it with glutamine when I was training and felt good after my work outs.5g to 10g a day is what I used.my wife uses con-cret and says its the best creatine she has used.no bloat compared to the others.

G

gudgy66

Jan 20, 2013
Cheers bro's will up my dose as I am currently only on 3 grams after training.

WidowMaker

WidowMaker

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2013
As recommended above is great advice but I am cut against the grain.

I don't cycle my creatine per say. I dose 10g on my training days only.
Before and after my training.

Then I do what I call a loading phase the week of my meet or the end of my training cycle week I'm going for a new max.
10g 4x daily for 5 days the 10g the morning I wake for the meet (or max day) 20g 1 hour before then 10g after the meet or new ME is done.
Of course I have a special supplement cocktail that I have put together that I will take along with this on my meet/ new ME day.

I know I gonna hear some talk about water weight gain but here's the thing with that.
If you're in the middle of your weight "range" class then you have nothing really to worry about.
If you have been doing some sort of cardio or light sled pulls then you should be fine.
If you're always riding the top of your weight class weight the (if you don't already) should know how to the sodium manipulation the day of or before the meet.
They're are many different tricks to help you with this.
JM Blakely was the one I remember getting this from as well as his JM press for triceps.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic