pbtom
What's New?

Cream of Wheat

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Wow 15.99 for 12 servings. I love cream of rice but since they raised the price above 5.00
I make my own from sushi rice an old coffee bean grinder. Some of those flavors do look awesome though.

Doesn't True Nutrition carry COR now too? I thought they did the last time I checked. Maybe it will be a cheaper option?

$15.99 is getting screwed in the ass without lube from a horse dick. That is downright laughable to charge that much...tha heck:(

I'll check the Walmart out here tomorrow when I go to see the price out here. I have a box or two here at the house, maybe i can sell them for a profit like eggs now, hahaha:D

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Cream of wheat or maltomeal was our winter time breakfast as a kid.Might have to get some it is good.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Wow 15.99 for 12 servings. I love cream of rice but since they raised the price above 5.00
I make my own from sushi rice an old coffee bean grinder. Some of those flavors do look awesome though.View attachment 13646

I buy the 30 servings. I live off rice and grinds. Good change from eating jasmine rice and Ezekiel bread.
I think I am going to buy a drum of the stuff next time. 576 servings, and they just dropped the price to $375 from $482.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Doesn't True Nutrition carry COR now too? I thought they did the last time I checked. Maybe it will be a cheaper option?

$15.99 is getting screwed in the ass without lube from a horse dick. That is downright laughable to charge that much...tha heck:(

I'll check the Walmart out here tomorrow when I go to see the price out here. I have a box or two here at the house, maybe i can sell them for a profit like eggs now, hahaha:D

Are you guys broke or something? Stuff is like a dollar a serving. Bag of uncle bens jasmine rice with 2 servings is like $2.50-2.75.

But I guess the guys complaining, rather spend $10 on a pack of cigarettes, or $20 for a case of beer. To each their own I suppose.

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I also sometimes flavor it with MuscleEgg dehydrated eggs whites

Attachments

• CEC4A008-C49F-425C-BA5B-5906008C78E7.jpeg
    CEC4A008-C49F-425C-BA5B-5906008C78E7.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 021856F6-4FAB-44C6-ACD2-7D4375DD2385.jpeg
    021856F6-4FAB-44C6-ACD2-7D4375DD2385.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 52
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Are you guys broke or something? Stuff is like a dollar a serving. Bag of uncle bens jasmine rice with 2 servings is like $2.50-2.75.

But I guess the guys complaining, rather spend $10 on a pack of cigarettes, or $20 for a case of beer. To each their own I suppose.

There is no way i'd ever pay $15 for a small box of COR. It was $3-4 just a few years back, so i have my limits.

I prefer oatmeal anyway...or cream of wheat if I remember about it....which I didn't today:( For rice, I just make it in my rice cooker, or on the stove top, it's super cheap. I don't buy the precooked bags. They are cool in a quick need, but I usually can make a batch with zero effort that will last me for many days.

I don't smoke, and maybe drink 1-3x/yr if that.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Anyone still eating this? I love it and generally have it 3 or more times a week. Grew up poor so this was on the menu. Stopped eating it in my teens.

Well FF to about 2004ish. I won a membership to Iron Addicts forum and 3 months Diet and training. Not sure how many remember him. His staff was no joke either, but I was surprised to see the Cream of Wheat on my meal plan. And 19 years later. I am still eating it. I do the 2 servings. 240 calories, 50g carbs and 6g protein. I add 2 TBSP Honey and a TSP of butter. Low salt butter. I make it myself.
Oh I love it but half a cup will put 10 pounds on me over night.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
There is no way i'd ever pay $15 for a small box of COR. It was $3-4 just a few years back, so i have my limits.

I prefer oatmeal anyway...or cream of wheat if I remember about it....which I didn't today:( For rice, I just make it in my rice cooker, or on the stove top, it's super cheap. I don't buy the precooked bags. They are cool in a quick need, but I usually can make a batch with zero effort that will last me for many days.

I don't smoke, and maybe drink 1-3x/yr if that.

To each their own I suppose. Its all about convenience and time for me. Id rather spend money to make my life easier when it comes to eating/cooking.

And I for sure dont eat left over rice sitting in a pot for days or any leftovers for that matter. My food has to be made fresh, or prepared daily.
Nothing is worse then bone dry chicken, or hard rice.. Most of the time I have to eat my food cold, as I am in construction, and I dont rely on jobs I work at, to have microwaves.

My point was people waste money on other stuff, then try to justify it. I didn't realize $1 per serving was expensive. Now if were talking about what I pay for chicken breast, then yeah, its expensive.. $9.99/lb. I am not afraid to spend money on food. I am all about the taste. Hell, I am going to Vegas for Super Bowl weekend, and I can't wait to eat some A5 Kobe Wagyu filet..its $50/ounce.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
To each their own I suppose. Its all about convenience and time for me. Id rather spend money to make my life easier when it comes to eating/cooking.

And I for sure dont eat left over rice sitting in a pot for days or any leftovers for that matter. My food has to be made fresh, or prepared daily.
Nothing is worse then bone dry chicken, or hard rice.. Most of the time I have to eat my food cold, as I am in construction, and I dont rely on jobs I work at, to have microwaves.

My point was people waste money on other stuff, then try to justify it. I didn't realize $1 per serving was expensive. Now if were talking about what I pay for chicken breast, then yeah, its expensive.. $9.99/lb. I am not afraid to spend money on food. I am all about the taste. Hell, I am going to Vegas for Super Bowl weekend, and I can't wait to eat some A5 Kobe Wagyu filet..its $50/ounce.
Yea, I like my chicken and meat cooked fresh. I can't always do that, but when I can, I just cook it for each meal. I think I actually like chicken cold rather than reheating it, same with red meat sometimes too. I ate it cold most of the time at my last job, rather than using the microwave.

If cream of rice was something I wanted or needed, i'd spend the money, but i don't have to have it, so I just go with oatmeal, which I like better anyway. I don't think cream of rice is that expensive out here where I live, but I forgot to check when I hit the store this weekend.

Yea, for food, I have to live on a budget, at least right now. I am starting a new job this next week. My last job paid really well, and i didn't have to worry as much, or rather, I had more flexibility if I wanted something.

One of my points above though was that TN may have it cheaper for the guy who seen it for $15 per box. It's actually just $7 per pound, and you can buy in bulk. I'm not sure what their shipping costs are right now though.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’ve never had COW. What does it taste like? I always saw it on the aisle, but my mom got the apples and cinnamon oatmeal, Quaker Grits, and Rice Krispies growing up. I still eat grits a few times a year. I’m not a huge carb breakfast person, I essentially only have protein and fats otherwise I’d be way to tired.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I’ve never had COW. What does it taste like? I always saw it on the aisle, but my mom got the apples and cinnamon oatmeal, Quaker Grits, and Rice Krispies growing up. I still eat grits a few times a year. I’m not a huge carb breakfast person, I essentially only have protein and fats otherwise I’d be way to tired.
Rice is generally accepted as being hypoallergenic, as well as more easily digested, than say other options like oatmeal or higher fiber/fat/'complex' carb sources. It has no taste to me, I have to flavor it with at least some salt and Splenda. It's like eating mashed rice....not exactly, but taste wise for me it is....not that I eat mashed rice either, lol.

A lot of guys eat it around workouts because it is more easily digested and doesn't lag or cause digestive issues, even in higher amounts.....depending on what you add to it. Some guys add PB, SF chocolate syrup (ala John Meadows), and stuff like that to slow down the digestion some. You probably already know this part though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic