Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cream of Wheat

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Anyone still eating this? I love it and generally have it 3 or more times a week. Grew up poor so this was on the menu. Stopped eating it in my teens.

Well FF to about 2004ish. I won a membership to Iron Addicts forum and 3 months Diet and training. Not sure how many remember him. His staff was no joke either, but I was surprised to see the Cream of Wheat on my meal plan. And 19 years later. I am still eating it. I do the 2 servings. 240 calories, 50g carbs and 6g protein. I add 2 TBSP Honey and a TSP of butter. Low salt butter. I make it myself.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea RFG, I like it. I don't eat it hardly ever these days, but it's good, and I have no digestive issues with it either.

I've been on this big mid-life oatmeal craze lately. It's like out pof nowhere I crave it constantly....just quick oats in milk, and then a Tablespoon of Splenda. It's actually pretty cool because if i want to have something I don't have planned out, it's at least a healthier choice compared to a lot of junk foods, haha.

That and Frosted mini wheats. I mix in that peanut butter powder into the milk and pour it over the mini wheats.

It's weird right now, lol.

I need to buy a box of COW though, to see if my kids will eat it now. They were picky little turds when they were a few years younger:(

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Ive been eating cream of wheat ever since I was a kid. Mom fed that every morning to me when I was growing up. Same with cream of rice.

If you like cream of wheat, try rice n grinds. I use it in my diet plan now, and they have a bunch of flavors. Right now I am using blueberry muffin, strawberry/banana and coconut are my favs. If you have a hard time getting down 90g of carbs a meal, you'll get them down no problem with this stuff. Place came recommended to me by Chris Tuttle/IFBB pro. He also does my diet regime.

Try their pride budder too. Brown sugar/cinnamon is so damn good...

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Ive been eating cream of wheat ever since I was a kid. Mom fed that every morning to me when I was growing up. Same with cream of rice.

If you like cream of wheat, try rice n grinds. I use it in my diet plan now, and they have a bunch of flavors. Right now I am using blueberry muffin, strawberry/banana and coconut are my favs. If you have a hard time getting down 90g of carbs a meal, you'll get them down no problem with this stuff. Place came recommended to me by Chris Tuttle/IFBB pro. He also does my diet regime.

Just saved the link. Thanks. Looks like something I need to try. I used to be fat, I have zero issues pounding down food. lol

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012

cream of wheat muffins

1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Cream of Wheat (dry) semolina porridge
⅓ Cup White Sugar
¾ Cup Milk can be non-dairy
¼ Cup Neutral Flavoured Oil
1 Egg
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
½ Tsp. Salt
⅔ Cup Mixed Frozen Berries
Demerara sugar for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 200°C and line your muffin tin (I use silicone reusable liners).
Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
Add all of the wet ingredients, and stir until just incorporated.
Mix in the frozen berries.
Sprinkle the muffin tops with demerara sugar.
Pour the batter into the prepared liners and bake for 15 -18 minutes.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022

cream of wheat muffins​

1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Cup Cream of Wheat (dry) semolina porridge
⅓ Cup White Sugar
¾ Cup Milk can be non-dairy
¼ Cup Neutral Flavoured Oil
1 Egg
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
½ Tsp. Salt
⅔ Cup Mixed Frozen Berries
Demerara sugar for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 200°C and line your muffin tin (I use silicone reusable liners).
Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
Add all of the wet ingredients, and stir until just incorporated.
Mix in the frozen berries.
Sprinkle the muffin tops with demerara sugar.
Pour the batter into the prepared liners and bake for 15 -18 minutes.
Damn it. Those cannot be good for you. I put on 25 unwanted pounds over the course of my 4 months off.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Anyone still eating this? I love it and generally have it 3 or more times a week. Grew up poor so this was on the menu. Stopped eating it in my teens.

Well FF to about 2004ish. I won a membership to Iron Addicts forum and 3 months Diet and training. Not sure how many remember him. His staff was no joke either, but I was surprised to see the Cream of Wheat on my meal plan. And 19 years later. I am still eating it. I do the 2 servings. 240 calories, 50g carbs and 6g protein. I add 2 TBSP Honey and a TSP of butter. Low salt butter. I make it myself.

Man i trained under both IA and John when he ran the IA forum after Wes passed away… it is no longer up and running but it was a great forum. I have a couple of wes’s books at the house and man it use to be a great palce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020

Wow 15.99 for 12 servings. I love cream of rice but since they raised the price above 5.00
I make my own from sushi rice an old coffee bean grinder. Some of those flavors do look awesome though.
Screenshot_20230127_160508_Amazon Shopping.jpg

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Man i trained under both IA and John when he ran the IA forum after Wes passed away… it is no longer up and running but it was a great forum. I have a couple of wes’s books at the house and man it use to be a great palce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His forum was unlike any other I have ever seen. There was no fuckery. His passing was truly a loss.

Reactions: ceo
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic