Craiving for alcohol on strict diet

Discussion in 'Female Misc' started by mel149, Aug 3, 2015.

1. mel149

mel149 Member

May 19, 2015
    Hello guys just wanted to throw in that 3 years ago before my training I was drinking constantly however when I started training I quit all my bad habits but recently I've been noticing last month that I've been craving a drink and avoided for a month but the craiving wouldn't go away so yesterday I bought myself a drink now my question is will I keep craiving for a drink or is it just a one off thing I want to keep away from this garbage as my diet is very important to me I know this is bad for me too. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks

2. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I drink Vodka even during contest prep. It's 60-80 calories per serving and as long as you limit yourself to 2-3 drinks once or twice you'll be fine.

1bigun11 and mel149 like this.
  3. mel149

mel149 Member

May 19, 2015
    Cool thanks Mike. Cheers

4. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Just to be clear are you saying you are an alcoholic and stopped or you just felt like having a drink. I think we all get like that from time to time.

5. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    If you can drink one and stop, you are not an alcoholic... You are a social drinker.

6. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon VIP Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Vodka will dry u out....

mel149 likes this.
  7. Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy MuscleHead

Nov 1, 2012
    drink shot and stay away from beer

mel149 likes this.
  8. sassy69

sassy69 TID Lady Member

Aug 16, 2011
    If you're not in contest prep, or if you're in the early stages (subject to your progress) of prep where you still have a cheat meal scheduled, I would say, if you "need" to have a drink, then put it on your scheduled cheat day. A "good" diet / lifestyle can absorb that sort of "once / week" type "cheat". I'd even go to the point of it's just good practice to "throw some shit down the piehole" (technical terminology) to exercise your system. I find I become lactose intolerant and generally more limited in my ability to process things when I've been on a very strict (variety-wise) diet. But as mentioned above - moderation in everything.

If you research the cals of various liquors - the "white" or "clear" ones are the lowest (least amount of sugar, e.g. compared to like spiced rums, etc.). I found these types of liquors are even "on" the keto diet (where carbs matter). One of my first trainers suggested Vodka / Cranberry - vodka is ultra "clean" / low cal and cranberry is a good antioxidant & good for your liver. But if you want to avoid the sugar in the cran juice, there's always any other zero cal mixer - soda water, diet coke, Crystal Lite, etc. Of course you then get into the consideration of what fake sugar does to your system, but hey ... the point is to not restrict yourself to DIE w/ T, but rather a lifestyle that supports the goals you want.

If you're in contest prep, then set your priorities accordingly. There's always at least one other person on stage day who was "more dedicated than you" if you're struggling w/ the urge to let it all go.

mel149 likes this.
  9. mel149

mel149 Member

May 19, 2015
    No I'm not an alcoholic. I just stopped my bad habits after training

10. GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer TID Board Of Directors

Jan 27, 2013
    Have you been off of alcohol for 3 years or 1 month?

11. C T J

C T J Crossfit VIP

Jan 24, 2013
    I used to party hard and would still get cravings during the day after slowing way down and training hard.
    Now they've completely gone away. I'll still have a few drinks on the weekend (no cravings, just socially with friends
    at a bbq, floating the river, etc.).

mel149 likes this.
  12. mel149

mel149 Member

May 19, 2015
    Hi I've been off for 3 years