Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Craig list scam, beware...

Hexbolt

Hexbolt

Apr 25, 2011
Just wanted to give ya'll a quick headsup. I posted an ad on Craigslist advertising private martial arts lessons. Below is an email response I got from it. It sounded pretty fishy from the get go but I followed up and gave them a price quote just to see what was up. "Hello
How is weather over there, I just want to know if the tutor lesson
still available for my son for a month he is 15 years old, I want you
to calculate the cost of 2 hour per day for two days in week for the
whole a Month and email me the total cost..waiting" It was sent from someone named Jenfica.
They came back to me saying my price was fine and that they would send extra $ and asked if after I deposit the check and withhold my fee that I Western Union the difference to the son's Nanny for hotel accommodations and travel expenses.
The email explained that the mom was going to be in Holland on business and the Nanny and son would be here in my city and that's why the extra funds were sent and needed to be forwarded. Screwy, huh?

So the scam is some poor sucker deposits the large check, sends the difference to the "nanny" via western union, the large check bounces and sucker gets left holding the bag. Hard to imagine someone would fall for this. They apparently target the "lessons" section on Craigslist as I know some one offering banjo lessons got the same email.
Anyway, fyi.

Hazcat

Hazcat

Jan 2, 2011
LOL some of the stories they come up with . . .

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I got one of those when I responded to a person needing a body guard while in the states.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic