Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Cracking and popping wrists

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
Only just started training and have great guidance from my husband and his mom and dad as they either have all been or are still body builders.
I've hit a little problem though that my wrists pop and crack when I do upright rows and it's vile painful and it puts me off.
Should I just work through this or is there something that would help? Will it just improve over time ? Thanks .

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I would suggest really focusing on stretching your wrists and forearms. If it continues look into cissus.
" pushing through" generally just makes things worse

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I need more info gal such as:

APPROXIMATE Age
PMH
Current meds

Where is this pain occurring at the WRIST or HAND
Front (palmar region) or Back (dorsal aspect)

When does the pain occur WHEN the "popping" occurs, immediately after or the next day?

Do you HAVE ANY FOINT SWELLING????

Do you have joint pains elsewhere?
Have you seen as doctor for this problem?

Providing that info should help me help you.

Regs
jim

Last edited:
sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
And also is this ONLY in upright rows?

I haven't ever experienced popping or cracking, however I can't do them w/ a straight bar w/o pain, so I stick to EZ bars. Or just stay away from them in general. There are always a hundred variations of a move.

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
EZ bar^^^^ What bar are you using anyway? What about dumbells? Upright rows is a semi advanced move. Whos got you doing upright rows anyway? Who's got the lady on the Mr O routine?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
EZ bar^^^^ What bar are you using anyway? What about dumbells? Upright rows is a semi advanced move. Whos got you doing upright rows anyway? Who's got the lady on the Mr O routine?

DB's are also a good suggestion. The point of bodybuilding is to exercise in a functionally correct manner. Sometimes people have a particular body configuration, level of flexibility or natural push/pull balance (or imbalance). There's no reason to do an exercise if it causes pain since there are so many variations or different options available. Would need more information for anyone on this thread to comment on what the specific issue is or how to go about correcting it.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

Does it matter why, how or who has her doing what? Her wrists pop and crack and it hurts her.

It could be just a simple correction like spreading your hands apart and not have them so close together as it really puts stress on the wrists at the top of the movement.

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Does it matter why, how or who has her doing what? Her wrists pop and crack and it hurts her.

Yeah it matters. She should question any advice given to her by any individual. She said she just started training. Whould you have a girl who just started training doing free weights? If so I would be questioning you boss. And how the fack are you going to try and explain hand position to her over the internet?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah it matters. She should question any advice given to her by any individual. She said she just started training. Whould you have a girl who just started training doing free weights? If so I would be questioning you boss. And how the fack are you going to try and explain hand position to her over the internet?
Have a nice day.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
So let's be clear here. Her being female has nothing to do with anything.
There is nothing wrong with a person new to the gym using free weights. In fact depending on her goals the main three should be what she starts with.
Upright rows aren't a complex nor advanced lift

Last edited:
Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Without getting into too many technical aspects, you may want to try wrist wraps. I have had quite a few spills on my motorcycle that i came down hands first. My wrists snap, crackle and pop like cereal. Wrist wraps helped me quite a bit.

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
So let's be clear here. Her being female has nothing to do with anything.
There is nothing wrong with a person new to the gym using free weights. In fact depending on her goals the main three should be what she starts with.
Upright rows aren't a complex nor advanced lift

We don't even know how old this person is. This is pointless. And females suffer from calcium deficiency problems at a much higher rate than men. I never said it was wrong for a beginner to use free weights I said I would be questioning the decision. I really do enjoy getting attacked on every single post.

The people at highest risk of a calcium deficiency are postmenopausal women. Since dairy products are one of the most common sources of calcium, people who are lactose intolerant or vegan are also at increased risk of calcium deficiency.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic