RalfKelleh
What's New?

CPAP Cleaning

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyone use one of those UV light sanitizers to clean their CPAP? Wondering if they are worth it and if one is better than the other. Don't feel like the vinegar and water douche I am giving the tubing and other parts of the machine are really sanitizing it as much as it should be.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Yeah, i have the SoClean CPAP sanitizer. After its done cleaning the UV smell in your tubing is overwhelming for a while. I guess it's worth it for the $250. There pretty much all the same.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Smells like Ozone/Chlorine Like the smell of an Air Purifier if you have one in your home.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I've heard they're a waste of money. My wife cleans my mask and water holder in the sink daily. CPAP lady said to just use a few drops of dish soap. I let the tube soak in a bowl of water and a little dish soap weekly. I've never used vinegar.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I use a soclean everyday as well and then clean once a week with vinegar .

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
The ozone stuff isn't like FDA approved for sanitization I do think it helps kill bacteria and mold. I used to get minor upper respiratory infections once in a while before the soclean as I slacked on cleaning hose drying etc.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Are you guys using distilled water? I notice a big difference if I use spring or purified water when traveling.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Distilled water is best. Tap water defeats the purpose as will cause tiny mold spores if you let it air dry.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I use only distilled water. I also use baby snampoo to clean it. My doc said it was the best thing to use because it doesn’t suds up so bad.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
UVC is the absolute best thing to kill everything. Some sources, cough, cough, will even use it as part of their sterilization process. In the hospital, at the beginning of C N95's were being "recycled" sterilizing them with UVC... After a patient with C leaves a room we use a UVC "robot" that flashes UVC light around the room like a disco ball to disinfect the entire room. DO NOT let UVC light touch your skin, may be carcinogenic and/or damaging to DNA... BUT, it is not perfect, it can still be blocked by glass and many plastics. So, the question to ask is, will the UVC light sterilize where it needs to and where do I need to use soap and water?

Prices may have gone since C but you can find a variety of UVC boxes on ebay at a reasonable price, I bought a couple for my unit so the staff could sterilize their own mask, the ones "just" for CPAP is because of marketing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic