Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cowboys PL Journey

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Dang. I had a slight tear in my left hamstring in February. I felt it pop twice doing standing hamstring curls doing a ridiculous amount of weight, but if it doesn't scare you a little it is not heavy enough. Dumbass me, dropped 25 lbs and tried to get some more reps. Nope! That crap hurt. I lucked out though, it wasn't too bad. I was back to heavy pulls and legs the next week. Still a little tentative around hamstring curls though. I can definitely feel it when trying to curl the leg.

Look forward to reading the log. My only concern, honestly, 4 iu a day of GH is really high for me. I do not go higher than 2 iu and most of the time it is just 1 or 1.5 iu. I also will not run it every day, so as not to mess up my insulin sensitivity.

I hope the kid is alright.
Thanks, the kid well where to start. He overdosed 5 weeks ago and caused some significant brain damage due to lack of 02 for to long. He is regaining a little bit day by day. He cant walk barely talk moves a little, but mentally knows whats going on ans who he is etc. Right now we are trying to get h transferred to the hospital in our town, expensive as hell to get to where he is all the time.

GH I want to maximize the benefits for lipolisis, so based on my reading and bro science, started and 2 and worked up. Yes the Insulin sensitivity does concern me but hoping split doses, 2 to 3 hrs between food and pins, and berberine is helping with that.

The hammy happened squatting. I had just finished some heavy singles and dropped down to 315is for some backdowns with added volume, 5x5 if I remember correctly. I was in mu 3rd set, first rep and cued myself to push knees out on the way down, that was the issue pushing knees out too much. I naturally do that without the cue, had I just squatted as normal this would not have happened. Felt it tear in was down and thought what did I just do, stood back up and tried again with the pain, so called squats done. Moved onto bench secondary movementnand even set up caused some grief so done.

I dont have hammy specific equipment at home so typically nordic curls, banded curls, or sldl for them. The fire hall has hammy curl machine I try to use while the sauna is warming up.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Maybe a bitnof background on my bodyweight plan and gear to support the end goal.

Was planning to compete last year atn100kg(220). Had thenmeet happened when it was first scheduled would have been no issues. I spent the first 2 months cutting then during prep bulking up to meet weight. I was sitting at 220 start, cut to 20s then back up. Meet was postponed due to covid.

We had a brutal wildfire season so spent alot of the summer deployed doing structure defense on homes that the wildfires where running at. That said training and diet way off track. Got email on new date for meet and had 13 weeks to prep so no cut. BW was about 222 so it became about maintain and maybe a water cut the final week.

Before the hamstring injury I weighed at home 231 and decided too much to water cut so pushed up to 242 (110kg). Funny thing the night before weigh ins my home scale had me about 234, at weigh ins 228, so my scale out to lunch and I probably could have hit 220. Day after meet checked weight and was 242.

Plan this year to hit 180ish get rid of all fat. Then start next year bulk to 198/200 and stay there for good, give or take a few. Compete at 197(90kg) going forward. Started 242 and right now bouncing between 212 and 214 so halfway there. Strength is down some but surprisingly not a lot with a 30lb cut so far.

December and January was just calorie reduction and cardio. February I added the GH with no other change. March ran a 4 week ECA stack keeping all else the same. May I am doing a 5 week tren a run and upping test slight. Daily pins but 210 tren and 350 test weekly. Then a break and test back 200 week. I still have 2 other tools after this without changing a lot. So summer will probably be adding a cut stack I have used before, DMAA, Albuterol and Caffeine. Run this for a month or longer until gone, then another break from extras. The final push will be the hardest and was going to add var to finish as strength will be lower and fat will be harder to drop.

Sorry another long post

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . . . . Sorry another long post
Posts get read or ignored and praised or not based on their content, not their length. I have been a casual fan of PL for years but not especially knowledgeable on training methods.

Others here are ... your posts lead to discussion and a two-way learning process. Keep doing what you've been doing.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Sorry to hear about your kid brother. That is rough.

I like that tren and test dosing! That is pretty much how much I run on a cycle and throw in an oral. Works perfect for me with manageable sides.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Sorry to hear about your kid brother. That is rough.

I like that tren and test dosing! That is pretty much how much I run on a cycle and throw in an oral. Works perfect for me with manageable sides.
Thanks and thats good to hear dosing seems about right. Never run Tren let alone ace so we will see how it goes. I only have 4 pin sites open, hoping I will figure VG out this week and do my weekly test pin in it. Right now just quads and delts. Thinking I am getting some scar tissue build up in the delts

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks and thats good to hear dosing seems about right. Never run Tren let alone ace so we will see how it goes. I only have 4 pin sites open, hoping I will figure VG out this week and do my weekly test pin in it. Right now just quads and delts. Thinking I am getting some scar tissue build up in the delts
I have basically just hit quads (75%) and delts (25%) for the last 25 years. Tried a few other spots and did not like it. DO NOT DO calves or traps. You will hate your decision after you do it.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Comp (Sumo) Deadlift 70%
135x8
225x5
315x5
335x5x5

Larson Press
135x8
155x8
175x8
190x6
Kept these light due to shoulder.pain but even then they hurt so called them

Black Band pull down
3x20 each arm

Black band Hamstring curl
3x20 each leg

Thinking next week starting my prep program again, somebadded volume, amraps on peak days.... see how it goes especially with my moni blast coming up.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Scale is going in the wrong direction right now. I know its not important but is a good indication. I did bump up my test dosage, I had a shittier nutrition week, and had a heavier dinner last night without a big shit this am lol, so not super worried yet. BW this am 217.3

With my Tren A run starting in a week, and noticing scar tissue in right delt I felt the need to open up 2 more sites. Looked for my VG and have no freaking clue and not flexible enough for glutes. Decided Pecs just may be the next spot. So today I said fuck it and pinned my right pec. Went with 5/8 pin and feel like I was in the muscle, but think I could get away with a 1in. So far so good, some after pin burning sensation but not sure why. Will pin left one on Sunday and that will mean for Tren A run I have, Quads R/L, Pecs R/L, and Delts R/L.

Neptunes_Overlord

Neptunes_Overlord

Mar 26, 2022
Comp Bench 70%
135x8
165x5
185x5
200x5x5

JM Press
45x15
70x10
95x8
110x5
120x3
125x3 drop 65x20

OHP
45x10
70x8
95x5
115x5
125x4

Side laterals 30 sec rest 3 rounds of 20lb amraps
20x20/13/9

EZ Bar Curls
50x15
70x15
90x8
80x8
70x10
Good set, and thanks for posting... I have been in a slump for a new routine and this looks yummy... HA In a here to way that is.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . Looked for my VG and have no freaking clue and not flexible enough for glutes . . .
No pressure, YOU are in charge, only begin new things when you are mentally comfortable with them.

But do not give up on the VG for sometime later in your career. You are in no way the first guy on the boards who had trouble at first, but once you do, they are among the most user-friendly sites you can hit.

I too cannot use glutes for flexibility reasons, but VGs are easier to reach and hold more oil than most sites.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
2nd pec injection today. This time went left side and tried a 1in. No issues yet, thinking this will have some pip lol

Starting my original meet prep program later today. Doing the 9 week volume part and may just test 3 or 5 rep maxes at the end. Felt I needed a change in programming for a bit

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Day 1 of my prep program.
Notes cutting calories, 2x day cardio and walks where I can as well.

Squat
135x8
185x5
225x5
250x5x5

3 inch block pulls
135x8
225x8
300x3x8

Double pause squats, 1 count bottom 3 count midway up
135x5
185x3