pbtom
What's New?

Covid19 Vaccine Trials

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So I get this letter in the mail asking for volunteers for the vaccine they are working on. Wanting healthy people, blah, blah, pay $700USD, blah, blah, blah.

Hard no for me, and I won't apologize for the better good of anything. But they can find better candidates and more people that are hard up for $$. I don't think i'm a good candidate anyway. And I don't want to currently alter my lifestyle. I take care of my grandma and don't want her exposed to the virus....at least reduce any chance....yea I know i got to gym all the time.

I'll let the youngin's take this one LOL.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Any idea how they chose you to ask? Not saying you're the only one, but those proposals are not like the crap addressed to "Resident" that are sent to everyone.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Any idea how they chose you to ask? Not saying you're the only one, but those proposals are not like the crap addressed to "Resident" that are sent to everyone.

Actually....so the letter was from a company whereby I had talked with a couple years back about a migraine med they were trying out. I did not do that one. So it was addressed to my, not the resident actually.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
700 to try PEDs, yes.
I have not ever had the flu shot or any of that stuff and i rarely get sick (knock on wood).

My work is contemplating making the Covid vaccine mandatory! Resumes are going out!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . My work is contemplating making the Covid vaccine mandatory! Resumes are going out!

Wow. There's a whole new topic for America to chew on, including all the legal aspects of that, assuming it becomes a trend and not just your workplace.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Wow. There's a whole new topic for America to chew on, including all the legal aspects of that, assuming it becomes a trend and not just your workplace.

Yep....schools gonna make it mandatory.....who knows who else....elderly.....Nursing Homes....Health Care Workers.....First Responders......the list goes on. Gonna be a hella fight to mandate something like that.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Be pretty complicated legally in the private sector, but a President or any Governor in favor of that might be able to mandate it for Federal (Civil or Military) or State workers, maybe?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic