pbtom
What's New?

Covid Vaccine

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Wifey if getting it today, pretty happy since she sees patients twice a week and it's been spreading in various pods in her practice. She has to go back for round 2 in January. Supposedly 1st shot is 50% effective and after the second it's 95% effective.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
One of my good friends works as a chef at a ritzy convalescent home and pretty much they told him you take the shots or else you don't work here anymore. I'm still on the fence about this......

Reactions: CFM
Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Hope it turns out well, a lot of my family works in the medical field and they have gotten theirs as well.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ok, you go to work every day and get coughed on by old people who don't know how to wear a mask while being a severe asthmatic.

Oh I know the situation; my eldest brother lives it as a nurse. I couldn’t convince my him to take the vaccine if I paid him. Like me, he’s know the efficacy and side-effects of vaccines. It’s a trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
One of my good friends works as a chef at a ritzy convalescent home and pretty much they told him you take the shots or else you don't work here anymore. I'm still on the fence about this......

I just explained my medical history with vaccines and prescription and showed my boss the litigation letter with drug manufacturer. That put the end to their mandate and later said it wasn’t mandated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
95% effective doesn't mean much unless I know how effective my natural immune system is in fighting it off. I mean if my body on its own is 99% effective, it means the vaccine actually increases my likelihood of catching it. Plus the risk of side effects from taking the vaccine, which have not been made especially clear to me either. I'm all in favor of making the vaccine available to high risk groups of people who want to take it. But they have done a piss poor job of explaining to me why it should be mandatory when it comes to me, especially since I know of a certainty I have been exposed to it and fought it off rather easily.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
That’s not how the math works.

You are in the “100% possible to contract the virus” group because you don’t have antibodies and haven’t been vaccinated.
If you are the X% that get sick from that group of (currently) billions, then you (assuming you’re healthy) have a 99+% chance of beating it and developing your own antibodies.

Vs Vaccinated:

You could be in the 5% group that could potentially contract the virus after vaccination (compare to 100% pre vac).
But then STILL, you have a 99+% chance of beating it.
Not saying that I trust all vaccines and especially not saying that I trust, completely, a vaccine that came to market so fast. But, that’s how the math works.

I’ve already had it, developed my own antibodies, and consider myself authentically vaccinated at this point. But the virus mutates to survive so the next round of vaccines that have been “updated”, I will likely get one.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I've gotten many flu shots in the past and will take this one as it becomes available. front line workers first, black and Hispanic communities, the elderly and lastly my group white folks.

Fucking joke.

Should be front line workers / old folks and so on...

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I haven’t gotten it yet, feel like I need to wait and see how people are with this vaccine before I sign my life away for any issues I could get from it. Has anyone looked at which vaccine is best? I know we got the Pfizer one here. I myself am leaning more towards Moderna

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic