pbtom
What's New?

Covid Vaccine

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
how was that second shot ?

The 2nd of Moderna, has many taking off 1 - 3 days.

Wave of cardiac issues coming in now. added another step down cardiac floor. Quite a few young 20 - 30yr olds with EF 10 - 20% .....i had a 24yr the last 2 days....... EF 15%.........no previous Hx, known other than Covid+

Came to the ED with epigastric pain. US showed PE in RUQ. ECHO, TEE, MRI and elevated Troponin revealed more. The dude stays Tachy. Giving him Lasix IVP

Residual affects of those that had the virus. ...possibly inducing myocarditis,..and other cardiac injuries.

Stay safe my Brother.
2nd shot felt like shooting T500mg or any other high solvent gear. My arm swelled and got hot to the touch for a few days. As for sides, I lost my appetite for 12hrs and had intermittent chills then sweats for 2 days. I had off the day of my 2nd shot but worked 12hrs the next day. Dragging a little by mid day but just felt hungover (no worse).

The unlucky few who made it off the vents and back to nursing homes are coming back with VERY diminished lung capacity and dying 2-3mos post first exposure. The younger healthier folks are exhibiting COPD like symptoms.

What determines whether someone receives Pfizer or Moderna ... is it simply a matter of where you live and which was distributed in your part of the country? If someone receives shot #1 from one company, and vaccine availability changes in the weeks before shot #2 is due, can the 2 shots be from the 2 different companies, or is that less than ideal ... or even totally incompatible?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Wilson6, I guess this is what you are talking about ......my wife had returning bouts 3 different times since she 1st contracted the virus in July. She is a group of people they have labeled rebounders. Each time she was very tied, 102 fever, aches, COPD like symptoms and even vertigo. It would last about 24 hours and then go away. The fatigue and vertigo remained. The latest is tychardia. My wife was having a 145bpm resting heart rate. She is now under the care of a cardiologist and has been given metoprolol to control the heart rate. The doctor said he a he had seen 4 other patients recently with the same symptoms and was treating them and has read a lot of work being done by others in his field treating covid related heart issues. The doctor ruled out any medications she was taking or had taken as being the issue. He gave her a graded exercise stress test which had to be stopped after 2 minutes because she reached max. HR. He also did an ECHO with doppler and determined there was no heart damage or congestive heart issues. She is now monitoring her HR/SPO2/blood pressure levels 24-7 and taking 150mg of metoprolol/d and doing much better. She never did have high blood pressure though. He feels this will eventually go away and does not think she will be on medication long since there is no damage to the heart. She has her 3rd visit next week. Her average resting HR has been below 80bpm now and her oxygen saturation levels have come up from 93 to 99. Seems this stuff reacts differently with each individual. I never got the stuff despite being in the same house with no mask.
Mike I think it has more to do with dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system than the heart per se. In 1987 I had a non-specific viral infection that lasted about 10 days. Started with vertigo, headache, muscle cramps, low grade fever and fatigue. Sx were gone in about 10 days and felt fine. Roughly 2 weeks later everything flared up again and the fatigue was overwhelming, all I wanted to do was sleep. There was mind fog, dizziness, headache, low grade fever, heart palpitations, resting tachs and orthostatic hypotension. Had several bouts of oral thrush (they ruled out diabetes and HIV), no reason for it. This went on for 3 years. They sent me to see a shrink, finally she gave up because she couldn't explain the organic Sx and it clearly was not in my head. Went to see an immunologist, a doc that was part of a study of bodybuilders and AAS in the early 80's at the Cleveland Clinic (Len Calabrese, still there head of immunology), they ran a then state of the art cellular immune study, one he was working on with NIH and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients. A few months later he called back and said I had the classic upregulated cellular immune response they were seeing in the subset of true CFS patients. He has posted about post viral syndromes and COVID, the Sx are very similar to what I experienced in the late 80's. These 24 hr episodes she has are what I experienced with CFS with these flares of Sx that waxed and waned over 3 years. My guess is that the virus affects the cellular immune system that continue to cause these Sx esp neurologic.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
What determines whether someone receives Pfizer or Moderna ... is it simply a matter of where you live and which was distributed in your part of the country? If someone receives shot #1 from one company, and vaccine availability changes in the weeks before shot #2 is due, can the 2 shots be from the 2 different companies, or is that less than ideal ... or even totally incompatible?
The supply available. My employer had Moderna whereas the hospital 3miles away had Pfizer. Some places didn't have the "supercold" freezers to accept the Pfizer doses.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The supply available. My employer had Moderna whereas the hospital 3miles away had Pfizer. Some places didn't have the "supercold" freezers to accept the Pfizer doses.

This coincides with my local situation here in SC. The large hospital chain who presumably have the super cold freezers is offering Pfizer. The State has allocated the Moderna version to nursing homes and to Walgreens and CVS, who presumably only have normal freezers. Also, I'm 72+ hours after my first shot, and the symptoms at the injection site and systemically were a total nothing burger from start through now. But I'm on Pfizer, and weeks away from shot #2, so the jury's still out on if I'll be like the second shot Moderna experiences Mike and 2ez report.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012

I co-sign here. whatever is available at the facility. Now Johnson and Johnson's vaccine has been approved. it is a single shot vaccine, but I hear they are testing the efficacy on giving it as a second dose......for now, just one injection has approval.

I have a Papr face mask I am using. much easier to talk and breath although it is bigger and bulky.

and yes, those that were positive during the first wave.......some have returned. for many, even my coworkers.....they are not totally healed. I have one coworker that has been out since November. He is now being seen by a Neurologist.......he complains of headaches, vision issues and intermittently being in a fog. His wife's taste and smell has not returned since November.

I stayed away from the site a little, because some of the comments are hard to read. I take bodies to the Morgue......then come to the site and read some of the comments are it is frustrating. daughter and son's crying because the parents have passed. daughters screaming during the video calls.....don't leave and who will help plan her wedding. I recall one of our brothers here stating he used an ATM machine of something.....and has not tested positive yet. why would anyone want to take a chance is beyond me. Not just the possibility of death.....but other what appears to be longer term residual complications. there is no cure here.......and one cannot predict how the virus will affect the body. why take a chance.

I mean no disrespect here.......just hoping you Cats stay safe for you and your family. over 500,000 deaths in one year.....and someone here is saying they used an ATM, didn't wash there hands and are fine. Mind boggling.

here is a good video we are circulating: Inside a Covid I.C.U., Through a Nurse's Eyes | NYT Opinion - YouTube

I am not saying to walk around being paranoid.....just be safe. be smart. many coworders have lost spouses and family members believing it was them that caused the infection.

Love You Cats.....!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Dammit, @2ez , just like an aging Michael Corleone gets drawn back into things in GF III, an aging rawdeal gets drawn back into threads he would rather ignore, by your appearances, or others who are actually on the front lines.

I am pretty sure I am young, robust, and lucky enough ... just like everyone else on the boards ... to resist death or even only weeks of life-saving intubation in an ER that older, unhealthy, fat fucks have been courting all their lives anyway, but I do worry about a sub-lethal case of COVID with long-lasting symptoms, and how they might affect my all-important training plans ... that's what gets me thinking about risk vs. reward strategies ;)

Reactions: 2ez
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I don’t know what it would take for me to get this . I would have to be forced

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Dammit, @2ez , just like an aging Michael Corleone gets drawn back into things in GF III, an aging rawdeal gets drawn back into threads he would rather ignore, by your appearances, or others who are actually on the front lines.

I am pretty sure I am young, robust, and lucky enough ... just like everyone else on the boards ... to resist death or even only weeks of life-saving intubation in an ER that older, unhealthy, fat fucks have been courting all their lives anyway, but I do worry about a sub-lethal case of COVID with long-lasting symptoms, and how they might affect my all-important training plans ... that's what gets me thinking about risk vs. reward strategies ;)

This lasting affect seems to be new news my brother. I posted earlier about Cardiac issues. Now as I described my friend has Neurological issues......his wife with her taste and smell not resolved.

so ok....not all are intubated........but darn near everyone I know, that have tested positive...say they are not 100% as they were prior. short of breath..not able to work otut, run, jog as they once had....I think Mike RN said COPD like symptoms. headaches, mental fog.......cardiac....etc.

I am talking all ages....and many that have not tested positive....remember they have the potential of being carriers.

to those that are against the vaccine or hesitant.....I asked that you consider to follow the precautions that have been suggested...the hand washing.....the distance.....face mask.

we are clipping nails, trying to cut hair, shaving, proning......just trying to give some dignity to that that are intubated. so 12 to 14hrs of this...and then I read, that someone went to the ATM.....didn't wash their hands...and didnt catch Covid.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
This lasting affect seems to be new news my brother. I posted earlier about Cardiac issues. Now as I described my friend has Neurological issues......his wife with her taste and smell not resolved.

so ok....not all are intubated........but darn near everyone I know, that have tested positive...say they are not 100% as they were prior. short of breath..not able to work otut, run, jog as they once had....I think Mike RN said COPD like symptoms. headaches, mental fog.......cardiac....etc.

I am talking all ages....and many that have not tested positive....remember they have the potential of being carriers.

to those that are against the vaccine or hesitant.....I asked that you consider to follow the precautions that have been suggested...the hand washing.....the distance.....face mask.

we are clipping nails, trying to cut hair, shaving, proning......just trying to give some dignity to that that are intubated. so 12 to 14hrs of this...and then I read, that someone went to the ATM.....didn't wash their hands...and didnt catch Covid.
What about the double face mask ? Why not 3 masks

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The doctor at 2:26 of the video is double-masked. Armed with no personal experience whatsoever, I'm guessing a 3rd, or any successive, added masks would just not fit, size-wise. All the nurses earlier are, in effect, double-masked, with a true N95 mask covered by a large face shield.

Must be an eerie feeling to go to work each day knowing that just one seemingly harmless breach of protocol in 12+ hours could change you from today's caregiver to tomorrow's critical care patient.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic