Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Covid + patients....looks like Round 2 has started here

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
As it's such a safe, cheap drug, I don't see why public health officials don't give it away with z-pack and zinc whenever someone tests positive.
Maybe its in the stimulus bill that Nancy won't bring to a vote because it might help people and affect the election.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Mike is correct, according to my understanding. HCQ will not prevent you from contracting COVID. But if you take HCQ in the early days when symptoms first come on board, the anecdotal evidence shows it's overwhelmingly effective in preventing the progression of the symptoms, thus precluding hospitalization.

As it's such a safe, cheap drug, I don't see why public health officials don't give it away with z-pack and zinc whenever someone tests positive.

Absolutely not true Tommy, there are studies on prophylactic use as well as observational studies and anecdotal evidence. Interestingly enough, there has not been 1 report of anyone with Lupus who has been treated with HCQ, contacting this virus. Listen to this video.
https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2020/0...patients-with-lupus-have-contracted-covid-19/

According to a very large study done in India

Renuka Kunte, Arun Kumar Yadav, Dharamjeet Singh Faujdar, Rajesh Sahu, Dashrath Basannar, Seema Patrikar, Kunal Chatterjee, RM Gupta, Nardeep Naithan. Prophylactic use of hydroxychloroquine among healthcare workers in a case-control study. Indian Journal of Medical Research. July & August 2020, Volume 152 (1)

About 750 health care workers were studied. The case-control investigation of the ICMR revealed that consumption of four or more maintenance doses of hydroxychloroquine led to a significant decline in the odds of healthcare workers getting infected with the coronavirus infection. India's In National Task Force for COVID-19 was so impressed with the results that they recommended that high-risk populations (health care workers, household members of confirmed cases) receive HCQ prophylactically to prevent or reduce viral infection. In Mumbai, among the 4500 policemen who took HCQ prophylactically, not a single one has died, although some have had a mild attack of COVID-19. Over half of the police force refused to take the HCQ, and nine of the officers who refused to take HCQ have died from the virus.

The ICMR study indicates that “simply initiating HCQ prophylaxis did not reduce the odds of acquiring Covid-19 infection among HCWs. However, with the intake of four or more maintenance doses of HCQ, the protective effect started emerging. A significant reduction of about 80 per cent in the odds of Covid-19 infection in the HCWs was identified with the intake of six or more doses of HCQ prophylaxis. This dose-response relationship added strength to the study outcomes.”

“Biologically, it appears plausible that HCQ prophylaxis, before the onset of infection, may inhibit the virus from gaining a foothold,” researchers said in the study.
https://medium.com/@drbrucedale/hyd...ent-many-covid-19-related-deaths-ae5de7a73570

More
Chatterjee P, Anand T, Singh KJ, Rasaily R, Singh R, Das S, et al. Healthcare workers & SARS-CoV-2 infection in India: A case-control investigation in the time of COVID-19. Indian J Med Res 2020; 151 : 459-67.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32611916/

Lee SH, Son H, Peck KR. Can post-exposure prophylaxis for COVID-19 be considered as an outbreak response strategy in long-term care hospitals? Int J Antimicrob Agents 2020; 55 : 105988.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S092485792030145X?via=ihub

Another investigation from 3 central government hospitals in New Delhi indicates that amongst healthcare workers involved in COVID-19 care, those on HCQ prophylaxis were less likely to develop SARS-CoV-2 infection, compared to those who were not on it," stated the document.

An observational prospective study of 334 healthcare workers at AIIMS, out of which 248 took HCQ prophylaxis (median 6 weeks of follow up) in New Delhi also showed that those taking HCQ prophylaxis had lower incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection than those not taking it, it said.

Holy crap, Mike says it doesn't work but a case-controlled study showed 80% reduction. At my age, I kind of like those odds. I am way past the sixth dose. Since they say this is dose-dependent, my odds are 80%+. Since it also was found a 2005 study by the NIH and Fauci where he claims it to work on other corona viruses I will double down and bet it helps prevent the flue and possibly a common cold. In fact, they are looking at this as a protection against HIV.

There were several clinical trials studies going on all over the world this summer until according to Newsweek magazine, WHO paused all clinical trials. Got to wonder why?

However, a survey done by Sermo reports: One-Quarter of Global Physicians Agree That Healthcare Workers Should Take Hydroxychloroquine to Prevent COVID-19 Infections; Use of Hydroxychloroquine in Prophylaxis and Even in Undiagnosed Suspected Patient Cases is Seen.
https://www.sermo.com/press-release...hloroquine-in-prophylaxis-and-even-in-undiag/

Though President Trump took HCQ as a prophylactic without any issues, he apparently did not stay on a weekly low dose together with zinc every day as many physicians believe necessary. Conservative pundit Dennis Prager has been doing this for months. “Rudy Giuliani says he is taking hydroxychloroquine despite testing negative twice for the coronavirus.” The two people sitting on either side of him at the White House Garden Amy Coney Barrett announcement event tested positive for covid. Rudy was negative. Representative Louie Gohmert also announced his use of HCQ. Brazilian President Bolsonaro proudly announced his successful use of HCQ. In fact, Fauci;s replacement on the White House pandemic task force has said: “What’s happened with hydroxychloroquine is that the system has gone mad. … Hydroxychloroquine is super safe.”
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...-may-have-been-denied-to-covid-stricken-trump

CHOICES IN LIFE

The morning I woke up and saw my wife so sick, there was no doubt in either of our minds what she had so we both had a real choice to make.......

1. take our chances with the virus and possibly end up in the hospital, ventilated or dead owing thousands of dollars to the hospital afterwards.
2. take the hydrochloroquine we had bought months ago that many say will prevent every thing in #1

That was an easy choice.

Tommy. when you are faced with a life or death choice, only an idiot would not choose a every chance at life over what might be a sure death. That is why "right to try" is so important. Not only was myself and my wife concerned about her life, I was also concerned about my own life. Common with married couples, my wife and I were actually kind of intimate that Saturday night she started feeling bad. So my chance of having this virus was pretty damn high, she already had a fever and was definitely symptomatic. As mentioned, she was asymptomatic in 24 hours after starting HCQ, I never showed any symptoms after taking the same therapeutic doses and then going on the prophylactic dose. She tested positive and then negative a week later. I tested negative 7 days after she got sick. Since then we have both tested negative 2 times. Any explanations?

Not going to try to change any minds, I am just sharing a real life experience and present the other side of the opinion Mike and this other nurse has. I took the time on several occasions to post many research papers on this subject as well as some very good articles and other people's real life comments who we both know how have also had the virus and did get it. Hopefully no one here gets pushed into a corner where they have to make this decision we were forced to make. However, if we had it to do again, the choice is easy. I am just glad I made the decision back at the end of January or so to purchase hydroxychloroquine and have it JUST IN CASE.

I do agree it should be given away. But long before testing positive. My wife took the test, and 10 day later we got the results.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
@Bigtex, read my post. I said it’s not a panacea. I never once said it didn’t work to shorten duration of symptoms. You’re an intelligent man so don’t put words in my mouth to make your argument please.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Absolutely not true Tommy, there are studies on prophylactic use as well as observational studies and anecdotal evidence. Interestingly enough, there has not been 1 report of anyone with Lupus who has been treated with HCQ, contacting this virus. Listen to this video.
https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2020/0...patients-with-lupus-have-contracted-covid-19/

According to a very large study done in India

Renuka Kunte, Arun Kumar Yadav, Dharamjeet Singh Faujdar, Rajesh Sahu, Dashrath Basannar, Seema Patrikar, Kunal Chatterjee, RM Gupta, Nardeep Naithan. Prophylactic use of hydroxychloroquine among healthcare workers in a case-control study. Indian Journal of Medical Research. July & August 2020, Volume 152 (1)

About 750 health care workers were studied. The case-control investigation of the ICMR revealed that consumption of four or more maintenance doses of hydroxychloroquine led to a significant decline in the odds of healthcare workers getting infected with the coronavirus infection. India's In National Task Force for COVID-19 was so impressed with the results that they recommended that high-risk populations (health care workers, household members of confirmed cases) receive HCQ prophylactically to prevent or reduce viral infection. In Mumbai, among the 4500 policemen who took HCQ prophylactically, not a single one has died, although some have had a mild attack of COVID-19. Over half of the police force refused to take the HCQ, and nine of the officers who refused to take HCQ have died from the virus.

The ICMR study indicates that “simply initiating HCQ prophylaxis did not reduce the odds of acquiring Covid-19 infection among HCWs. However, with the intake of four or more maintenance doses of HCQ, the protective effect started emerging. A significant reduction of about 80 per cent in the odds of Covid-19 infection in the HCWs was identified with the intake of six or more doses of HCQ prophylaxis. This dose-response relationship added strength to the study outcomes.”

“Biologically, it appears plausible that HCQ prophylaxis, before the onset of infection, may inhibit the virus from gaining a foothold,” researchers said in the study.
https://medium.com/@drbrucedale/hyd...ent-many-covid-19-related-deaths-ae5de7a73570

More
Chatterjee P, Anand T, Singh KJ, Rasaily R, Singh R, Das S, et al. Healthcare workers & SARS-CoV-2 infection in India: A case-control investigation in the time of COVID-19. Indian J Med Res 2020; 151 : 459-67.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32611916/

Lee SH, Son H, Peck KR. Can post-exposure prophylaxis for COVID-19 be considered as an outbreak response strategy in long-term care hospitals? Int J Antimicrob Agents 2020; 55 : 105988.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S092485792030145X?via=ihub

Another investigation from 3 central government hospitals in New Delhi indicates that amongst healthcare workers involved in COVID-19 care, those on HCQ prophylaxis were less likely to develop SARS-CoV-2 infection, compared to those who were not on it," stated the document.

An observational prospective study of 334 healthcare workers at AIIMS, out of which 248 took HCQ prophylaxis (median 6 weeks of follow up) in New Delhi also showed that those taking HCQ prophylaxis had lower incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection than those not taking it, it said.

Holy crap, Mike says it doesn't work but a case-controlled study showed 80% reduction. At my age, I kind of like those odds. I am way past the sixth dose. Since they say this is dose-dependent, my odds are 80%+. Since it also was found a 2005 study by the NIH and Fauci where he claims it to work on other corona viruses I will double down and bet it helps prevent the flue and possibly a common cold. In fact, they are looking at this as a protection against HIV.

There were several clinical trials studies going on all over the world this summer until according to Newsweek magazine, WHO paused all clinical trials. Got to wonder why?

However, a survey done by Sermo reports: One-Quarter of Global Physicians Agree That Healthcare Workers Should Take Hydroxychloroquine to Prevent COVID-19 Infections; Use of Hydroxychloroquine in Prophylaxis and Even in Undiagnosed Suspected Patient Cases is Seen.
https://www.sermo.com/press-release...hloroquine-in-prophylaxis-and-even-in-undiag/

Though President Trump took HCQ as a prophylactic without any issues, he apparently did not stay on a weekly low dose together with zinc every day as many physicians believe necessary. Conservative pundit Dennis Prager has been doing this for months. “Rudy Giuliani says he is taking hydroxychloroquine despite testing negative twice for the coronavirus.” The two people sitting on either side of him at the White House Garden Amy Coney Barrett announcement event tested positive for covid. Rudy was negative. Representative Louie Gohmert also announced his use of HCQ. Brazilian President Bolsonaro proudly announced his successful use of HCQ. In fact, Fauci;s replacement on the White House pandemic task force has said: “What’s happened with hydroxychloroquine is that the system has gone mad. … Hydroxychloroquine is super safe.”
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...-may-have-been-denied-to-covid-stricken-trump

CHOICES IN LIFE

The morning I woke up and saw my wife so sick, there was no doubt in either of our minds what she had so we both had a real choice to make.......

1. take our chances with the virus and possibly end up in the hospital, ventilated or dead owing thousands of dollars to the hospital afterwards.
2. take the hydrochloroquine we had bought months ago that many say will prevent every thing in #1

That was an easy choice.

Tommy. when you are faced with a life or death choice, only an idiot would not choose a every chance at life over what might be a sure death. That is why "right to try" is so important. Not only was myself and my wife concerned about her life, I was also concerned about my own life. Common with married couples, my wife and I were actually kind of intimate that Saturday night she started feeling bad. So my chance of having this virus was pretty damn high, she already had a fever and was definitely symptomatic. As mentioned, she was asymptomatic in 24 hours after starting HCQ, I never showed any symptoms after taking the same therapeutic doses and then going on the prophylactic dose. She tested positive and then negative a week later. I tested negative 7 days after she got sick. Since then we have both tested negative 2 times. Any explanations?

Not going to try to change any minds, I am just sharing a real life experience and present the other side of the opinion Mike and this other nurse has. I took the time on several occasions to post many research papers on this subject as well as some very good articles and other people's real life comments who we both know how have also had the virus and did get it. Hopefully no one here gets pushed into a corner where they have to make this decision we were forced to make. However, if we had it to do again, the choice is easy. I am just glad I made the decision back at the end of January or so to purchase hydroxychloroquine and have it JUST IN CASE.

I do agree it should be given away. But long before testing positive. My wife took the test, and 10 day later we got the results.

I didn’t read all that just wanted to mention that this was the longest response I’ve yet seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Should we see what people’s thoughts here are on climate change.... jk

Honestly, it’s a virus, yes it’s new and scary, but we as humans have been through a lot of shit without vaccines, we’ll get through this too.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
BigTex, I stand corrected. Thanks for the helpful info! Always appreciated.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
@Bigtex, read my post. I said it’s not a panacea. I never once said it didn’t work to shorten duration of symptoms. You’re an intelligent man so don’t put words in my mouth to make your argument please.

Perhaps you need to take your own advice Mike........"But your wife got it despite taking HQC." Did I ever say this?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
BigTex, I stand corrected. Thanks for the helpful info! Always appreciated.

No problem Tommy. I know you always have an open mind and are willing to look at the all facts. Here is some more information for you and others to consider:

https://aapsonline.org/preliminary-injunction-sought-to-release-hydroxychloroquine-to-the-public/

In late June, the group filed its motion for a preliminary injunction with court to compel release to the public of hydroxychloroquine by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS),in AAPS v. HHS, No. 1:20-cv-00493-RJJ-SJB (W.D. Mich.).

As part of the filing with the court, AAPS also includes a chart showing how countries that encourage HCQ use, such as South Korea, India, Turkey, Russia, and Israel, have been far more successful in combatting COVID-19 than countries that have banned or discouraged early HCQ use, as the FDA has.

Here is the chart:

1603407011469.png

These blue countries not only encourage the use of HCQ as a treatment but they also encourage it as a prophylactic. The red counties either discourage it like the USA or even ban it like most of the EU. These are not the only countries. Look at the following charts compiled at Johns Hopkins University. Interesting also that the only negative papers have been produced in the USA. One was officially retracted from a peer reviewed journal. That rarely happens and is embarrassing to legitimate researchers. Why is it the EU, USA and WHO are so interested in covering up this FDA approved medicine, making research and treatment very difficult. Why is it the medical community on the USA and EU deny the use of a safe treatment that so many other countries have found to work well?

1603407166241.png

1603407193848.png

Consequence or Panacea?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic